Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a Lynx Pilot and I'm working for a screwed Regional for a LCC Regional Airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many SWAPA folks I talked to mentioned Gary wanting to keep the Q400 around to fly to ski destinations and feed DEN.

Either way the Lynx pilots would've become SWA pilots. Best of luck to you all and hang in there. I agree that you're a class act as well.

Many SWAPA folks I talked to mentioned Gary wanting to keep the Q400 around to fly to ski destinations and feed DEN.

Either way the Lynx pilots would've become SWA pilots. Best of luck to you all and hang in there. I agree that you're a class act as well.

Ironic that the only airline that would integrate regional pilots to their list is the only one that doesn't have regional feed. ALL of the airlines should integrate their regional pilots on mainlines seniority list. If you fly an AA, UAL, Delta passenger, you oughta be an AA, UAL, Delta pilot! Seems reasonable to me!

Ironic that the only airline that would integrate regional pilots to their list is the only one that doesn't have regional feed. ALL of the airlines should integrate their regional pilots on mainlines seniority list. If you fly an AA, UAL, Delta passenger, you oughta be an AA, UAL, Delta pilot! Seems reasonable to me!

It is not ironic because the previous post is 100% inaccurate. Lynx was not even on the proposal. Not one lynx pilot was considered when SWAPA and FAPA discussed the possible SLI.

GFUNK also previously posted that GK stated no FAPA pilot would have been furloughed. This is also totally inaccurate. SWA publicly stated that only 80% of the operation would remain after the purchase, and that portion would eventually be phased out over a two year period. The SWAPA proposal contained language on the treatment of "excess" FAPA pilots. Approximately 240 FAPA pilots out of 700 would have been on the street immediately if the SWA deal was approved by the BK court.

It is all ancient history now, but can we at least try and be accurate?

Any-who, BB and his band of clueless leaders have probably dismantled some other part of F9 during the time it took me to type this post.

It is not ironic because the previous post is 100% inaccurate. Lynx was not even on the proposal. Not one lynx pilot was considered when SWAPA and FAPA discussed the possible SLI.

Wrong. Our contract stipulates if SWA buys more than 51% of a carrier then ALL pilots on the seniority list will be offered employment. Lynx is a wholly owned so they are included.

But you're right. It really doesn't matter now. Just, as you said, trying to be factual.

Gup

Wrong. Our contract stipulates if SWA buys more than 51% of a carrier then ALL pilots on the seniority list will be offered employment. Lynx is a wholly owned so they are included.

But you're right. It really doesn't matter now. Just, as you said, trying to be factual.

Gup

I guess you guys still have a lot ATA guys to hire then. Ill be waiting for my phone call.

" Approximately 240 FAPA pilots out of 700 would have been on the street immediately if the SWA deal was approved by the BK court. "

If this had actually happened....Personally, I would rather be a furloughed SWA pilot ( with a seniority number ), than a working Republic pilot with very shaky, highly doubtful, long term prospects.

99 weeks of unemployment and a part time job would probably have gotten those 240 or so over the furlough hump and into recall status sometime next year or so.

Wonder where they will be this time next year with Republic? I'm betting dollars to doughnuts it will be a bad place that ryhmes with "ducked".

Time will tell, but again...I would have gone with Option A / SWA.

YKW

Last edited:
" Approximately 240 FAPA pilots out of 700 would have been on the street immediately if the SWA deal was approved by the BK court. "

If this had actually happened....Personally, I would rather be a furloughed SWA pilot ( with a seniority number ), than a working Republic pilot with very shaky, highly doubtful, long term prospects.

99 weeks of unemployment and a part time job would probably have gotten those 240 or so over the furlough hump and into recall status sometime next year or so.

Wonder where they will be this time next year with Republic? I'm betting dollars to doughnuts it will be a bad place that ryhmes with "ducked".

Time will tell, but again...I would have gone with Option A / SWA.

YKW

That about sums it up right there. Pretty much everyone of us at Lynx was pulling for SWA and feel that FAPA and F9 made a HUGE mistake. I know the pilots may not have been what ultimately killed the deal, but I'm sure it didn't help. I've had fun in my time at Lynx and the pilot group was top notch...one of the best groups I've had the pleasure of flying with. Hopefully something better comes along, since at it sits now I can't really see myself accepting a recall (if it ever comes). Good luck to all my soon to be former Lynx co-workers and thanks.

GFUNK also previously posted that GK stated no FAPA pilot would have been furloughed. This is also totally inaccurate. SWA publicly stated that only 80% of the operation would remain after the purchase, and that portion would eventually be phased out over a two year period. The SWAPA proposal contained language on the treatment of "excess" FAPA pilots. Approximately 240 FAPA pilots out of 700 would have been on the street immediately if the SWA deal was approved by the BK court.

It is all ancient history now, but can we at least try and be accurate?

Any-who, BB and his band of clueless leaders have probably dismantled some other part of F9 during the time it took me to type this post.

Stay, I respectfully disagree. The previous TA1 specifically had regional language in it for the purpose of putting Lynx onto property. It's all ancient history, yes, but lets not forget it stated that if we took a carrier with a regional, then it came with and would not be grown.

It was specifically removed for TA2 as a result of F9 not going through.

Have you also forgotten Carl's letter regarding the start of opening discussions with Lynx?

Lynx pilot talks beginThursday, August 13, 2009

Fellow SWAPA Pilots,

In light of the very dynamic situations of the last day or two, SWAPA has started to open exploratory talks with the Lynx pilots.

Lynx is equally part of the Frontier transaction and we feel that it is important to include them in the process. They have reached out to us and SWAPA feels it important to explore all avenues.

The Lynx pilots seem genuinely excited about the opportunity to be a part of the Southwest Family. We look forward to our future discussions.

—Merger and Acquisition Committee

Latest resources

Back