• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Illegal charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As Avbug pointed out, it is not a charter if you land at the point of departure with in 25 miles. I think we could call your flight a "Discovery Flight".......

There may have been some instruction going on, but probably not flight-related. It sounds more like a "scenic" flight as the hooker was most certainly looking out the window; one "member" tends to look a lot like another no matter who is holding it. Thus the pilot would be subject to a DOT-approved drug testing program and would need a letter of authorization from the local FSDO.

Everyone, including the local FSDO in the area where I used to teach, knows about a particular 134.5 operator. Used to be out of an airport where half the pilots flew with revoked licenses or had been violated in the past. The FSDO knows, but doesn't have the balls to do anything because...well, I don't exactly know why. They're a useless FSDO but I won't name it here. They're useless because I've had friends who were student pilots get killed from flying out of that airport because of the antics of the local pilots there, including the rentals with forged documents. FSDO still won't look into it, although they obviously know. Everyone else knows.

So I don't believe that they're taking it THAT seriously.

Everyone, including the local FSDO in the area where I used to teach, knows about a particular 134.5 operator. Used to be out of an airport where half the pilots flew with revoked licenses or had been violated in the past. The FSDO knows, but doesn't have the balls to do anything because...well, I don't exactly know why. They're a useless FSDO but I won't name it here. They're useless because I've had friends who were student pilots get killed from flying out of that airport because of the antics of the local pilots there, including the rentals with forged documents. FSDO still won't look into it, although they obviously know. Everyone else knows.

So I don't believe that they're taking it THAT seriously.
Each FSDO is individually owned and operated. I know several areas with the same problem, and no action after many years and many incidents. It just depends on which geographic area you are in.

Everyone has to answer to someone. If you have proof of what you say and are getting no satisfaction:

A link to customer feedback that is addressed and recorded continuously:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/afs/qms/

Any of these you’re repetitive? Give them your information. This is a hot topic right now.

http://transportation.house.gov/about.aspx

Or you can just sit back and bitch like the masses……

The perception that the FAA knows about these 134-and-a-half operators and refuses to do anything about is a misconception that comes from two sources.

First, despite their jack-booted reputation, the FAA can't just kick the door down and turn the place inside out. They're not cops, so therefore they can't enforce no-knock warrants and shoot the mayor's dog in the process. The system they have to follow, which is a system that is so mired in beaurocratic nonsense that it's nigh impossible to follow and completely impossible to change, dictates that in order to bust an illegal charter operator they have to quite literally catch them in the act. This means they have to be there at the airport and at the FBO when the plane lands, and they have to ramp it right there and then to find the fingers in the cookie jar. They can't do a thing without concrete indisputable proof, otherwise it won't stick and the bandit operator goes right back to doing what it was doing and laughing all the way to the bank. If the US government wasn't the quagmire of beaurocracy that it is, things would happen much faster and much more efficiently. Too bad the system has been built up over the years to prevent just that.

The other source is the one that gets more "airtime" and more recognition, because it damn near proves the myth. There are certain FSDOs out there, and certain inspectors within those FSDOs, who literally just don't care. Their only purpose in life is to show up every day, metabolize oxygen for 8 and a half hours, collect a ridiculous GS14 salary, and count the days until retirement. A plane crash could happen right in front of their faces and they wouldn't bat an eye, maybe at most they'd muster the energy to yawn. I've had to deal with a couple inspectors who fit this description, and believe me when I say the agency will be much better off when these guys are gone.

Everyone has to answer to someone. If you have proof of what you say and are getting no satisfaction:

A link to customer feedback that is addressed and recorded continuously:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/afs/qms/

Any of these you’re repetitive? Give them your information. This is a hot topic right now.

http://transportation.house.gov/about.aspx

Or you can just sit back and bitch like the masses……

Sorry - Representative.... Spell check is only so good....

Let's say I were to take a hooker up in a 150

Is the hooker paying for the flight or are you paying for the hooker?

were "holding out" my member for some servicing.

Not sure I even want to go there. But no FAR addresses "holding your member". I'm laughing too hard to type here....

After we land, she decides that the airplane ride was so enjoyable that the hummer is a freebie.

My first thought was "in your dreams"... But your post was more intellegent than the name calling and other childish behavior.

Does this constitute illegal charter?

As Avbug pointed out, it is not a charter if you land at the point of departure with in 25 miles. I think we could call your flight a "Discovery Flight".......

I would really like to use your example in a discussion. I'm just not sure how I can really do that........

JAFI - and I'm still laughing.....

That makes two of us. Great funny post.

It sounds more like a "scenic" flight as the hooker was most certainly looking out the window

Yeah ... the rear window. I ain't paying good money to have someone do something I can do much better. She'll have to play 'pounce da poney' if she wants me to anty-up with the green back on the ground.

I forgot how to spell "pony". Geez. :(

Latest resources

Back