IL-76 Crews ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bafanguy

Anyone heard of a company called North American Aviation, based in TX ? They are advertising for IL-76 crews for a FL-based operation. You don't see much call for crews qualified in Russian cargo airplanes. What's this all about ? What's an IL-76 type rating cost anyway ?

Many, many rubles.

But hey, those guys will sell you a ticket to the space station, so I'm sure they're willing to discuss terms...

Rogue5 said:
Many, many rubles.

But hey, those guys will sell you a ticket to the space station, so I'm sure they're willing to discuss terms...

Yeah, but maybe I could get the senior citizen discount...Kroger gives it to me.

Actually, this same ad ran back in April. It is kind of intriguing. Are there really guys around with time & ratings in this airplane who have the right to work in the USA, Comrade ?

T-Gates said:
Was it the IL-76? Because there was a company at OPF running AN-12's and AN-26's with Ukrainian crews on charters. I think the company was called Avialeasing.

It was for IL-76 crews. It's the second time this ad has been posted in the last 6 months.

I wonder how the certification works for a foreign airplane model to be flown by a US operator with US crews. Does the IL-76 have US certification ?

T-Gates said:
Was it the IL-76? Because there was a company at OPF running AN-12's and AN-26's with Ukrainian crews on charters. I think the company was called Avialeasing.

Man if you see the state the An-12s and 26s are in, boy o boy...the 12 is pitchblack from all the exhaust soot. I don't think they could find a local crew with the cojones to fly those things, hence the ukraine guys (paid in vodka!). I've never seen any 76s though, but it would be interesting to know we have a small soviet airforce in our backyard!

OPF is a very cool place to visit, a lot of mothballed classics here.

Flyer74 said:
could be worst, An-2

Yeah, but the AN-2 is a monster airplane. Got a chance to look at a couple of them in SSI where some broker took them in trade from a South American relief outfit that traded them for a DC-3 or two.

Also read an article in AOPA Pilot magazine about some guy who had one for his toy. The airplane is HUGE. Quite a toy, as toys go.

bafanguy said:
Anyone heard of a company called North American Aviation, based in TX ? They are advertising for IL-76 crews for a FL-based operation. You don't see much call for crews qualified in Russian cargo airplanes. What's this all about ? What's an IL-76 type rating cost anyway ?

Where do you send the resume? Anything is better than flying for USAir....:D

PHXFLYR:cool:

Flyer74 said:
could be worst, An-2

And they gots one of those down here too! A plain beige colored An-2, here at FXE. Don't know whose it is, but doesn't look like it's going anywhere fast.

You guys ever see the videos with the An-2 being tumbled and looped around? Quite a site....

sorry for thread hijack.

Latest resources

Back