Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ignition backup battery failure on run up - FX3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That isn't a PS-1221S so, no, wrong form factor.
 
this battery right ? dims 151 x 20 x 89h, 1.2Ah@1C discharge

1. have capacity greater than '3 amp hour'... 4ah
at a1.5A discharge rate, must use a LFP chemistry , no bms, just a balancer

2, have a loaded terminal voltage of at least 10 V after 1 hour discharge at 1.5A,ok
3. match the dimensions and terminal type of the Panasonic PS -1221S confirm this .. I think you can change the terminals from spade to another quick connect
4. draw no more than 5 A from a 14.2 V supply at any state of discharge. most likely
5. last at least 5 years including long periods of storage with no charging, probably
NOW,... how much would this be priced at ????? what would people be willing to pay ? certainly not even close to the $30 a ps1221 costs...
I think @Cactus Charlie 's point is that there would be demand (at least from the folks on this forum) for a safe, proven drop-in replacement for the PowerSonic battery, with minimal required alterations. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that cost would be "no issue," IMO it's fair to say that we understand that a robust, improved solution is gonna cost more (at least I do).
 
' The solution to this was to replace the PS122S battery with a ......."
no ???
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (1642).png
    Screenshot (1642).png
    492.5 KB · Views: 0
This conversation quite frankly is quite odd and not the most professional if you are representing a business. First you need to understand the problem and what the limitations are that a replacement battery must meet in charge current limitations, and other limitations due to the Light Speed ignition used in our aircraft. You can read my thread on the ETX-104 I linked and do some study. You are focused on price before you seem to have a solution to offer. This is not presenting well for you, in my opinion.

Do your research, identify the problem, identify the requirements, come up with a solution. You're the vendor, you price it as you see fit. We are the potential customer and will decide if it meets our needs and the price represents the value.

I suggest starting over when you're ready bringing something to the table after you've done your homework, in a new thread.
 
@newstuff I'm not going to respond to your other thread, just a little feedback here for you. I know anyone can build their own LiFePO4 batteries, I'm not aware of other chemistries, ordering cells, components, etc. and build your own. This is not something I'm going to put in my aircraft or behind a system like my electronic ignition or in a use that is now a 3rd level failure and I have to rely on this to keep my engine running.

You haven't instilled confidence in us here, to be honest. I suggest working on your brand, show us your web site, prove to us you offer reliable and reputable aircraft solutions. It's okay if you're new and a startup or not even launched yet, be honest about it. I'm being honest that none of us here are looking for home brew batteries for any use in our aircraft. You don't use your business name in your username, you don't show a link to a web site. So let this be a nudge to help you launch your new business if that's the case. Build your brand, build your reputation, show us a catalog of your offerings, not offer custom builds.

I wish you the best but I think most of us that are in this conversation are probably not your customer right now. You've lost us in the handling of this so far. It's time for a professional start wherever that may be and then bring it here when you're ready to earn our trust.
 
My website is in my profile, but here it is aerolithium.com.
Building batteries since 2010. But, I understand now, your looking for a large corporate entity that produces a certified battery.
Best of luck
 
I suggest build up your signature and if you want your username changed you can submit that in the profile area too, up to you.

Yes, a company that produces certified solutions certainly adds confidence but most of us here discussing this are Experimental. But we need to trust the solutions and we just haven't seen your business, website, etc. I haven't at least.

 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom