• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you're voting NO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would need to be changed in order for me to vote yes? Only ONE thing: ONE LIST!

I'm curious if this was even suggested. I would imagine most pilots would give it a serious look, and this could solve multiple problems for both pilots and management. So what's the problem?

Because Steven L tells Jerry Atkins what to do with his company.

I don't think JA really cares anymore, look at SKYW, chimp cannot bid a contract that will be awarded. Major partners will always pull the strings, anymore flying to SKYW puts more power with one player. Look at what happened at DAL when Comair struck, while SKYW pilots don't have the junk to be players, hostile takeover is one card still on the table and it's a joker. SKYW flys what, 50% of UAL's domestic, 30% of DAL's? Take over SKYW, keep your regional feed intact and let your competition figure out how to get domestic feed up immediately.
It will be interesting.

Pipe dreams I'm afraid. When it comes down to it guys always vote yes! It's very hard to say no to your management eventhough that's what you're always supposed to do in negotiations.

You wouldn't pay full price for that lap dance would you? No you negotiate instead of saying yes...

You wouldn't pay full price for that lap dance would you? No you negotiate instead of saying yes...

Gotta pay a female dog to sit in your lap, huh? At least you can lick your own nuts though.

I don't think JA really cares anymore, look at SKYW, chimp cannot bid a contract that will be awarded. Major partners will always pull the strings, anymore flying to SKYW puts more power with one player. Look at what happened at DAL when Comair struck, while SKYW pilots don't have the junk to be players, hostile takeover is one card still on the table and it's a joker. SKYW flys what, 50% of UAL's domestic, 30% of DAL's? Take over SKYW, keep your regional feed intact and let your competition figure out how to get domestic feed up immediately.
It will be interesting.
I don't think that's a possibility. Contracts are in place that require feed to be provided, at least for now.

I don't think that's a possibility. Contracts are in place that require feed to be provided, at least for now.

JA has said the contracts all have "poison pill" clause, hostile takeover kills the contract. Until recently there hasn't been enough liquid cash for this to take place, but now that DAL and UAL have started making profit, not to mention the merger mania is quenched. There is market share to be played with this one.

Last edited:
I'm curious if this was even suggested. I would imagine most pilots would give it a serious look, and this could solve multiple problems for both pilots and management. So what's the problem?

I asked our MEC at the last meeting this very question and they said that they did offer Skywest book for one list. Supposedly, the company turned it down because they just want to run two separate airlines.

I asked our MEC at the last meeting this very question and they said that they did offer Skywest book for one list. Supposedly, the company turned it down because they just want to run two separate airlines.

"Because I said so" is not a logical reason. I'll have to ask management for a better explanation; if anyone gets a chance post the real reason here. I'm suspecting it has more to do with whipsaw opportunities.

"Because I said so" is not a logical reason. I'll have to ask management for a better explanation; if anyone gets a chance post the real reason here. I'm suspecting it has more to do with whipsaw opportunities.

"We can't even merge 2 companies. We can't expect to realistically merge 3."

-Brad Holt

Latest resources

Back