Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Tower told you this, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it becomes a safety issue, fill out a NASA ASRS form. Those aren't just for when you screw up. They also show where there are parts of the system that are not safe. Personally, I think switching to ground at a class D airport with one taxiway parallel to one runway is a bit rediculous, but you have to play by their rules.

Fugawe said:
There are jerk controllers, but pilots that argue with them over the radio are idiots too -- just trying to prove their point. This ties up radio time, and slows everyone else down. Unprofessional.

If you try to throw your weight around YOU are the safety problem -- not the controller.

Relax, wind the clock, sip your soda, get appropriate clearances. Be 'Iceman' on the radio -- not some shrill, whiney, demanding pilot with an ego problem.

Why waste heartbeats over this mundance stuff? Save it for engine-out work, or approaches to mins......................
Fugawe
Precisely!

Me?...I woulda said, "Sorry 'bout that." and went on my way, not thinking anymore about it. Life happens. Let it go.

pilotviolin said:
After landing the tower told us to "exit A4 and continue on Alpha (the parallel taxiway), contact ground 122.8."

Now what would you do? I want to see some replies before I tell you the rest.​
I would look at my chart and see what the ground frequency really is.....then I would taxi down Alpha and contact them.

SkyBoy1981 said:
I would look at my chart and see what the ground frequency really is.....then I would taxi down Alpha and contact them.
Exactly. His clearance limit was that piece of pavement marked "alpha" he was on, up to but not including any other intersection, taxi way or whatever.

Ralgha said:
Yes but a taxi clearance is part of a conversation.:eek:
Use the definition of conversation as a defense at your administrative hearing.

pilotviolin said:
Probably the dumbest thing you have said on FI. How the heck to you get any kind of clearance, ESP?
If you assume that an ATC clearance and a conversation are the same thing, you might want to look into animal husbandry for a pastime.

Animal husbandry is the agricultural practice of breeding and raising livestock. As such, it is a vital skill for farmers and, in some countries in many ways, as much art as it is science. Other countries have strict laws on the qualifications needed to treat animals and ensure that scientific methods are used to care for them.

And this has anything to with what?

Lucky13 said:
Taxi as instructed by tower. Tell ground your are doing so per towers instructions. If he/she give you lip tell them to take it with the tower and not to take it out on you. If ground continues verbal banter or abuse request there operating initals and the number for the supervisor. Call supervisor, give time, date, initals and ask what the problem was and when he will call you back with answer. Be sure to let them know that the actions of the controllers confused you and that you felt it was a safety concern inadditoin to being unprofessional. You will never have a problem again. Don't let some jerk controller treat you like crap. Do your best, be polite and you should recive the same. If not....find out why.

IMHO, this is WAAAY too much for this very minor situation. When in doubt, stop, and contact ground....I CFI'd out of a class D airport, and heard them make MANY mistakes...guess what? Never called them on it. Why? Because as stated before, it ain't worth the pissing match, the relationship with the controllers (it does help if you fly there alot and they get to know you) or worst case, a violation because you lost the pissing match.

Ground controls the taxiways, we all know that. Unless I hear "Taxi to the ramp and monitor ground point 8", a safe bet is to contact ground. Is it REALLY that much extra time or work to stop, key the mic and then taxi??

pilotviolin said:
Animal husbandry is the agricultural practice of breeding and raising livestock. As such, it is a vital skill for farmers and, in some countries in many ways, as much art as it is science. Other countries have strict laws on the qualifications needed to treat animals and ensure that scientific methods are used to care for them.

And this has anything to with what?
Well, first of all, you'd never have to worry about the FAA telling you where to go, Buford.

I'd declare an emergency and pop the chute.

Latest resources

Back