Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Tower told you this, what would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotviolin

God, your sky is so big;
After landing the tower told us to "exit A4 and continue on Alpha (the parallel taxiway), contact ground 122.8."

Now what would you do? I want to see some replies before I tell you the rest.​

ummmm...change the channel???

Exit on A4, when off the runway call ground.
Unscrew cap on water bottle, drink, replace cap.
Open 8th bag of pretzels, eat. Eventually turn on APU and raise flaps...

The question is what did you do? and did you do it with style.

This is what happened,
We taxi off on a4 and switched to Ground. Ground is in the middle of a read back, so we continue on Alpha as we were instructed by tower. (BTW there is nobody on the taxiway, the only taxiway at this airport), and after ground gets done with his readback, we check in.
Ground says to us "I can see you are already heading to the FBO."
I repeat what tower told us, he replies, "you need to hold after exiting the runway until you have clearance for taxi." WTF?

I just wanted see what other pilots would have done. If tower tells me to continue on a taxiway, I am not stopping aftering clearing. If they say "clear A4, contact ground", then I am going to stop after clearing.

We fly into this airport (class D) all the time, and most the time tower clears us to taxi to park. I think it was just some new guy who needed a power trip for the afternoon.

Do as told....exit, stop, cleanup airplane, contact ground while proceeding onto Alpha. I wouldn't be expecting permission from ground, more of a checkin and monitor...

I'm guessing you proceeded onto Alpha as Tower said and Ground chewed you out?

I sure wouldn't have stopped either, unless he says hold short of something or other I ain't stopping, maybe not even then.

MTpilot said:
I sure wouldn't have stopped either, unless he says hold short of something or other I ain't stopping, maybe not even then.
Seriously, hes just a voice on the other end of the radio, whats he gonna do, hurt your feelings? And if its a woman, LOL!

// sarcasm alert.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back