• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I hear one more "brief"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since it's the playoffs, I will end my briefs with "Go Bolts!" Will that be alright with you?

If it bothers you so much, then ask a few questions after he asks if you have any questions. For instance:

"Any questions?"
"Yeah I have a few"

1. "What's the second highest obstacle in the vicinity of the airport?"
2. "Is radar required to shoot this approach? I noticed you didn't mention whether or not it was"
3. "Will you be carrying an extra few knots above Vref+5 throughout the flare, and should I call out your airspeed deviations?"

If it bothers you so much, then ask a few questions after he asks if you have any questions. For instance:

"Any questions?"
"Yeah I have a few"

1. "What's the second highest obstacle in the vicinity of the airport?"
2. "Is radar required to shoot this approach? I noticed you didn't mention whether or not it was"
3. "Will you be carrying an extra few knots above Vref+5 throughout the flare, and should I call out your airspeed deviations?"

I do.

I think we all have our pet peeves about this job, this happens to be one of mine.

The real issue I have is the "broken record" part. After 4 days of hearing it, you can usually tell if this person has applied any real thought to what they just said.

If someone has a question about what was said, they will ask it.

You guys carry on with your fun remarks.

how about people who make their briefs so long that you lose track of all time and contemplate stabbing yourself in the eye.

I once had a CA (on a PHL to PIT flight) start her brief (ILS 28R in PIT, WX was 25000 scat and 10+ mi vis) east of the Susquehanna River and when she finally shut up we were west of Altoona. Damn brief lasted 2/3's the length of the state of PA.

I stopped asking "any questions" about a year ago. After 5 years, no one ever had a question. If someone does, i'm sure they will let me know.

how about people who make their briefs so long that you lose track of all time and contemplate stabbing yourself in the eye.

I once had a CA (on a PHL to PIT flight) start her brief (ILS 28R in PIT, WX was 25000 scat and 10+ mi vis) east of the Susquehanna River and when she finally shut up we were west of Altoona. Damn brief lasted 2/3's the length of the state of PA.

Hahahahahaaaaaa! Being a Pennsylvanian myself, I am LOLing at this!!!

Latest resources

Back