If hired at NetJets.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Common g200 even you can call a spade a spade.

Coming to a TA and then backing out of it is not right. PERIOD

It's not about the money or anything else. It's about the principle and standing up for your word.

I agree with ya Diesel - 100%

but Union issues aside, 90K after 10 years of flying bizjets is garbage!

10 years at about 800/yr? coming aboard as a 2500hr pilot means you will be a 10K+ hr bizjet pilot making 90K. I dont know regional pilot rates but my guess is they may even do better?

you need to tell them to stick this one, you can do WAY better.

Gulfstream 200 said:
I agree with ya Diesel - 100%

but Union issues aside, 90K after 10 years of flying bizjets is garbage!

10 years at about 800/yr? coming aboard as a 2500hr pilot means you will be a 10K+ hr bizjet pilot making 90K. I dont know regional pilot rates but my guess is they may even do better?

you need to tell them to stick this one, you can do WAY better.

If the Ta passes - I read a 5 year capt making 90k with all benefits paid!
Thats more than I make as a 5 year rj capt, and I still pay for all my benefits- food on the road. I have a buddy who has flies a XLS and has been at the company for 5 years making about 70,000.

CheckandSet said:
If the Ta passes - I read a 5 year capt making 90k with all benefits paid!
Thats more than I make as a 5 year rj capt, and I still pay for all my benefits- food on the road. I have a buddy who has flies a XLS and has been at the company for 5 years making about 70,000.

you going to be hired as a Captain?

They say here upgrade is 4-5 years!

Its tough math, but let me help......thats 10 years and 10K hrs of flight time to 90K.

And besides....do Netjets guys want to be compared to regional airlne pilots?? geeesh....a little off track here!

these guys can do much much better!

bartpearl said:
If I'm reading the just agreed to TA correctly (and not being a lawyer I tend to get lost in the double and triple negatives), the new hire equipment lock only prevents you from bidding FO in another aircraft, you can bid Captain in anything. Bypass pay still exists in this TA, but it would no longer be Captain's pay, but a separate pay scale - more than FO and less than Captain. (By the way, I've seen nothing official from our union saying the TA is dead).

Bypass pay does exist but only for the fo's on bypass pay IF this ta is voted in. Any fo not on bypass pay by then or new hire will not get the bypass pay schedule and will be straight fo pay schedule. Dont count on any bypass efforts if this ta does not pass or is not voted on because manangment. There were enough fo's on bypass that were pissed they were not going to get the new capt. rate that they will not let any more capt. bids go buy.

Gulfstream 200 said:

Its tough math, but let me help......thats 10 years and 10K hrs of flight time to 90K.

And besides....do Netjets guys want to be compared to regional airlne pilots?? geeesh....a little off track here!

What? if it 5 years to upgrade- then you get 5 th year capt pay at 5 years!
your time counts if you stay on the citation, hawker ;or besides the gulfstream.

Gulfstream 200 said:

Ok, 90k a yr 5 is not what we set out for, but let's clear this up for those interested in Nutjest.

When you upgrade @ 4-5 years you ARE a 4-5 yr CAPT.

Only in the BBJ do they consider years in the program, and new guys won't have to worry about that for a long time.

Everything else is based on years with company.

Bartpearl---Thanks for your response. Everyone else...she sucks, he blows, and you do both...whatever, how 'bout just keeping on the subject of the original post. I recently was told that upgrades are running 4-5 months, and wanted to get an idea of how things work. Why would I want to work there? Thats what I am trying to find out.

Apeman said:
Bartpearl---Thanks for your response. Everyone else...she sucks, he blows, and you do both...whatever, how 'bout just keeping on the subject of the original post. I recently was told that upgrades are running 4-5 months, and wanted to get an idea of how things work. Why would I want to work there? Thats what I am trying to find out.

The most junior pilots awarded capt were july and august new hires into the ultra and 400xp. But this is not going to happen again. There are 500-600 fo's on bypass that will not get a raise if the contracted is vote in. These people are going to bid all the capt. slots they can so that they get a pay raise, about 30000 dollars a year. So if your dream is a quick up grade then dont come here. Other than that life is ok except your managment team hates pilots and lies to thier faces.

CheckandSet said:
What? if it 5 years to upgrade- then you get 5 th year capt pay at 5 years!
your time counts if you stay on the citation, hawker ;or besides the gulfstream.

OK gotcha, sorry for the error.

still, they can pay you much more. Hope you get it.

Latest resources

Back