If hired at NetJets.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Apeman

My question is in regards to what happens when your number can hold Captain. Let's say as a newhire, you get G200/F2000. Then in 5 months your number can hold Ultra Captain. Can you stay as G200/F2000 FO, with Captain pay, or do you leave the G and F and go to the Ultra? Thanks Guy's!

Apeman said:
My question is in regards to what happens when your number can hold Captain. Let's say as a newhire, you get G200/F2000. Then in 5 months your number can hold Ultra Captain. Can you stay as G200/F2000 FO, with Captain pay, or do you leave the G and F and go to the Ultra? Thanks Guy's!

From what I have heard, don't expect an upgrade for at least 4-5 years. There are something like 500 FOs waiting for an upgrade in front of you. Also, not many newhires are assigned the G200 or F2000. If I were you, I would expect the Encore, Excel, Beechjet or X as more likely.

Why Would You Want To Work Here? With Nja Backing Out Of The Ta My Advise Is To Stay Away Until Managment Wants To Negotiate In Good Faith.

There Never Will Be Another Bypass Effort So Dont Expect To Be Able To Hold Capt. For Several Years Or More. Enjoy Your 27108 A Year!!!!

Last edited:
be-400xpdriver said:
Why Would You Want To Work Here? With Nja Backing Out Of The Ta My Advise Is To Stay Away Until Managment Want To Negotiate In Good Faith.

There Never Will Be Another Bypass Effort So Dont Expect To Be Able To Hold Capt. For Several Years Or More. Enjoy Your 27108 A Year!!!!

Wow - how quickly things change. The negativity (with good reason) is back AGAIN....

I guess that 90K excitement already wore off.....

champagne's empty -- let headache begin.

Common g200 even you can call a spade a spade.

Coming to a TA and then backing out of it is not right. PERIOD

It's not about the money or anything else. It's about the principle and standing up for your word.

Backing Out

I'm back on 6S again.... sorry I left ya. I never really did as Ive been on stdby for IOE and went to gnd recurrent last week to listen to that lying b**tard Moisture.............:mad:

Apeman said:

Here's the way it works. If you are hired into a senior aircraft you have two choices. You may bid Captain or not. Under the current contract, you are equipment locked for two years. A new hire bidding Captain in a senior airplane would be a waste of time, because they could never hold it. For this reason, BYPASS PAY was created. As soon as someone junior to you bids, is awarded, and passes his/her Captain checkride in ANY AIRCRAFT (e.g. Beechjet), you get Captain's pay.

If I'm reading the just agreed to TA correctly (and not being a lawyer I tend to get lost in the double and triple negatives), the new hire equipment lock only prevents you from bidding FO in another aircraft, you can bid Captain in anything. Bypass pay still exists in this TA, but it would no longer be Captain's pay, but a separate pay scale - more than FO and less than Captain. (By the way, I've seen nothing official from our union saying the TA is dead).

bart look at the thread Executive board input.

Latest resources

Back