Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If everyone else can do it, why can't ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

73belair

Why in the world do we have intergration, and why is it still going to be in the next contract?
Who else has this sort of thing? We at ASA don't know what we are going to be doing for the first 3 days of EVERY month. (pretty much no matter what) The company may give you a trip, they may not. Said trip may be worth while (i.e. paid time = time you are giving up) or it may not. (i.e. One leg out, 18hr overnight, one leg back, killing 2 days of your life)
Why would our union even consider keeping this sort of thing here? NO ONE likes it.
There are many other things that we do that the company says they can't get along without, but there are maybe 100s of other airlines that do exactly what we ask for now, and have for some time.

Mostly a rant... But still pi$$es me off!

We have it at Pinch-Nickle too. I know why you hate it so much. I'm in the top 10 on the DTW FO bid list and I still can't get the 1st and 2nd off unless I force a 30&7 problem. It will be going away though if we ever get a decent pref-bid system on the property.

Who says we will have intergration in the next contract? EVERYONE I have flown with lately says we have to get the following or they will vote no.

-Eliminate Integtration
-Eliminate the "occurence" system
-100% retro pay
-Complete overhaul of reserve system
-Open time pot time and a half pay

The vote won't pass without at least those things being fixed.

Looks more and more like you will get whatever SkyWest currently has. The mediator has taken a 2 month vacation and rumor has it that SkyWest is still a serious bidder for ASA in a possible Delta CH.11. Look closely at their "contract" and I think that may predict your future scheduling rules at least for a while.

Could be wrong.

IAHERJ

180ToTheMarker said:
Who says we will have intergration in the next contract? EVERYONE I have flown with lately says we have to get the following or they will vote no.

-Eliminate Integtration
-Eliminate the "occurence" system
-100% retro pay
-Complete overhaul of reserve system
-Open time pot time and a half pay

The vote won't pass without at least those things being fixed.

"The vote," at this rate won't take place until 2016.

I still hear pilots nursing broken planes around, fudging times (i.e. SLC) to give the company stellar on time perf., and generally doing everything they can to keep the Titanic on course.

The only way we will EVER see a new contract (let alone a better contract), is by bringing the company to it's knees. This is the ONLY way Delta will notice us--banners over the stadium are cute, but ineffective.

Skips letters tell us how "well" the company is doing, with record loads, good performence stats, etc. Why? Because pilots aren't putting any pressure on the comany.

As a group, we are a bunch of patsy school girls, and we are getting what we deserve.:mad:

PCL_128 said:
We have it at Pinch-Nickle too. I know why you hate it so much. I'm in the top 10 on the DTW FO bid list and I still can't get the 1st and 2nd off unless I force a 30&7 problem. It will be going away though if we ever get a decent pref-bid system on the property.

Yeah I hear we're pretty close to getting pref bid. What's it been now 2? 2 1/2 years?

Palerider957 said:
"The vote," at this rate won't take place until 2016.

I still hear pilots nursing broken planes around, fudging times (i.e. SLC) to give the company stellar on time perf., and generally doing everything they can to keep the Titanic on course.

As a group, we are a bunch of patsy school girls, and we are getting what we deserve.:mad:

Yeah, right SLC. SLC operates about .05 % of the system block hours and you its the SLC pilots that are dragging things down. Its all pilots in the redneck mecca that have the power to affect change. If broken airplanes are getting flown and times are being massaged, maybe TEAM AY TEE ELL could put alittle effort into slowing things down.

All y'all are the ones that be havin' the power yo'!

Rook said:
Yeah I hear we're pretty close to getting pref bid. What's it been now 2? 2 1/2 years?

Hehe. Yeah, what was the deadline on the old pref-bid LOA? Something like last quarter of '02 or something? Moving right along. ;)

Latest resources

Back