Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta had asked this, woudl the pilot have accepted?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That rate is disgraceful and now it is the standard rate for 100 seaters for the legacies that are looking at operating them also. I believe those rates are what NW and Delta are trying to force feed their respective pilot groups and they are what USAirways accepted for E-190s. Wow we are racing backwards awful fast.

Well, why don't these JB pilots get a union on property and raise their wages. Any union. Oh, that's right. They have a 4 or 5 year contract and the company would just get rid of them. So much for a profession.

TOO many what ifs.

After 9/11 Delta had Delta Express for the NY-FL leisure market (50 737-200s). Delta pilots were paid much less to fly on express, while gate agents, and FA's made the same as mainline rates. It was questionable if it would have held up against JB, we will never know.

With almost certainty I would say the pilot force would not have agreed to anymore seperate payrates at the time. Don't forget that after 9/11 Delta wasn't look that bad financially, and no one (except possibly the lazy DAL mgt, no on 2nd thought they have no visionary capabilities) expected it to be this bad 4 years later.

B777 said:
If Delta came right after Sept 11 and said: Look, we have to comepte against Jetblue and the only way we can do it is by starting a new company. However, we can not have Delta pilots flying the planes at Delta pilot rates.

Delta already proved that an 'airline within an airline' with completely different (LOWER) pay scales doesn't work.

Remember Delta Express?

Try again, it 'aint about the pilot salaries!

Last edited:
Song is a great product. If I had to sit in coach I would choose song over any airline. Especially on the longer flights.

And no B6Driver this isn't a "plug" for Song. I don't work for Delta and I'm not furloughed from Delta. I just prefer them if I have to fly as a pax. (in coach) but don't worry, I still like JetBlue. (just not as much as Song) :D

kassel737 said:
Well, why don't these JB pilots get a union on property and raise their wages. Any union. Oh, that's right. They have a 4 or 5 year contract and the company would just get rid of them. So much for a profession.

That's quite an impressive contribution to the board...all two posts. You sure told us!

kassel737 said:

maybe we should get ALPA to represent us so they can show us how to BEND OVER................

its funny how you like to dump on us regarding the 190 rates but forget to mention the A-320 rates renegotiated by ALPA at USAIR, UNITED. its weird how a non union pilot group makes more than an ALPA pilot group flying A-320's......................OUCH!!

Please.

kassel737 said:

Well, All you know-it-all's can't have it both ways.
You have the all powerful ALPO on the property at your place of business so just have them put their almighty foot down and demand a rate that you see as proper and appropriate. Oh right, ALPO is a sham and carries no weight any more in this world.
JetBlue is not getting rid of anybody and recently renewed all the existing contracts for another 5 years and changed them to "evergreen" contracts that will automatically renew at the end of their term.
If you knew some of the details of the JB pilot contract, you would wonder why ALPO never asked to negotiate similar benefits for its members; go figure. Can you still justify the 1.95% shake down of your salaries while Ex-Capt. Woerth changed the by-laws and no longer has to share the pain in salary reductions as his members?

I finally made two post because I couldn't take it anymore. Are you telling me that the wages JB pays is not a detriment to our profession. 5 year contract? I could give a crap what union just do something to bring up those sorry wages.

jbucpt said:
maybe we should get ALPA to represent us so they can show us how to BEND OVER................

its funny how you like to dump on us regarding the 190 rates but forget to mention the A-320 rates renegotiated by ALPA at USAIR, UNITED. its weird how a non union pilot group makes more than an ALPA pilot group flying A-320's......................OUCH!!

Don't ever let Dwayne Worthless hear that. OOOOOHHHHHH Mamma........

Latest resources

Back