Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta had asked this, woudl the pilot have accepted?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedTwice said:
I wouldn't go down that road!!

Random date.

JetBlue - SEA to BOS $119
Alaska - SEA to BOS $409
AA - SEA to BOS $549

Your need a new search engine:)

SEA-BOS on AA: $196
SEA-BOS on jbu: $198

However, we both know that really isn't the point, since fare fluctuates from day to day, the point is, that it isn't a single airline keeping the fares low, sadly, all airline are guilty of it. Overheard in the board room: "Who cares if we lose money, look at the marketshare"!

The fact is that the industry was going to change. It was inevitable. You can continue the whine without the cheese but this is the new generation and the new industry. In the old days, you saw that older grey haired four stripper sitting up there in an aircraft made by one of 10 manufacturers with all kinds of varibles of service levels and pricing.
Today,, you get on your Boeing or Airbus, all is pretty much the same and you go to another airport where you get treated like the crap you went through at the first one.

You can bitch about the change, but, from a passenger perspective, it is not the same either.

$89 for A Capt.and $53 for an FO, sounds like what it cost to fly on JB to LA. Let me get this right, the EMB-190 ia a hundred seat plane and they pay this. No plan a or b, 5 year contract, and a paltry 3% match. It is what it is.

Yep!!

Why are you not also upset at Midex and their pay on the 717 or U with a 12 year A-320 pilot making $125?

Take at look at some of the payscales on that site , I bet it could keep your panties in a wad for days!

Last edited:
kassel737 said:
Well, why don't these JB pilots get a union on property and raise their wages. Any union. Oh, that's right. They have a 4 or 5 year contract and the company would just get rid of them. So much for a profession.

That's it, A Union is the Answer!! Man, that ALPA sure does go to bat for it's constituents. Bring um on (but don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes)

kassel737 said:
Obviously you don't mind the expressjet wages to fly the 190.

Kassel, since you are so smart, why don't you tell the class, what the solution is? Clearly, it isn't neccesarily unionizing, because that hasn't helped lately.

So let's hear from you, what should pilots be doing, how can we all raise our wages?

Get some type of organized group to say we are not working for the BS wages they are paying. Union? I don't care what you get. Without a union it is somewhat more difficult to get everyone on the same page. Tell me though, why do they have a five year contract? What is the purpose? Is it to intimidate pilots to not form a union? It's been done before.

Oh you mean like the UALPA, they really told management didn't they or the union at UAL? Heck, let's see what happens at NWA and DAL?

The five year contract has been discussed ad naseum, do a search!

Latest resources

Back