Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta had asked this, woudl the pilot have accepted?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got an idea. Instead of using "Flashy" colors and other things why not just give good service at a reasonable price? I don't care how much entertainment choices I have and the color of my plane. If the gate agents and FA's are rude it's a bad experience.

kassel737 said:
Get some type of organized group to say we are not working for the BS wages they are paying. Union? I don't care what you get. Without a union it is somewhat more difficult to get everyone on the same page. Tell me though, why do they have a five year contract? What is the purpose? Is it to intimidate pilots to not form a union? It's been done before.

so what your saying is we should become organized i.e. DELTA, USAIR, NORTHWEST,UNITED so management cannot dictate or force us to accept changes in workrules/payrates/retirement benefits etc,etc.

i think your head has been in the sand for the last 3 years.........

Dizel8 said:
Yep!!

Why are you not also upset at Midex and their pay on the 717 or U with a 12 year A-320 pilot making $125?

Take at look at some of the payscales on that site , I bet it could keep your panties in a wad for days!

To be fair to AAA they took three pay cuts to arrive at the 125/hr mark. They were on the verge of liquidation several times. When the company was growing and profitable (like JB currently is) the AAA pilots would have never settled/been comfortable with 125/hr to fly the A-320...

Green said:
To be fair to AAA they took three pay cuts to arrive at the 125/hr mark. They were on the verge of liquidation several times. When the company was growing and profitable (like JB currently is) the AAA pilots would have never settled/been comfortable with 125/hr to fly the A-320...

thats $125+63 over 70 hours.....if the AAA pilots along with their ALPA Brothers had any business or economic sense i.e. southwest/jetblue, they would not have GIVEN IT ALL BACK AND LOST THEIR JOBS when the economy went south..............

Who was the idiot pilot in the recent meeting that told David we should give up premium pay and restrict lines to 70 hrs to help the company out due to high fuel costs. You dont speak for me and I would guess about 99% of the pilot group. Mgmt. had an oppurtunity to hedge a ton of fuel but chose not to. Why arent they answering to anyone.

Yes, that comment got my attention too. I thought 'Man this guy doesnt speak for me or anyone I know.' Im glad that David's response was what it was.

zkmayo said:
Yes, that comment got my attention too. I thought 'Man this guy doesnt speak for me or anyone I know.' Im glad that David's response was what it was.
I'd have taken that numbnuts out back for a comment like that, but what if David's response wasn't what it was? If things turn bad for y'all, his answer might be "that sounds like a good idea".

jbucpt said:
thats $125+63 over 70 hours.....
FWIW, eyeballing CAL's pay scales, you'll have to fly 100hrs in a month at JB's 12yr CA rate to catch up to a 12 yr CAL NB CA if he flew NOTHING but the 737-300s and -500s, not including any inevitable -8,900 flying during the month which pays more.

That's true for almost every pay rate and longevity. It varies from 90-ish to 100hrs, depending on seat and year. Where is doesn't compare is first year at CAL. Terrible.

Dizel8 said:
...with a 12 year A-320 pilot making $125?
United didn't necessarily lower the bar... it could be said they fell flat on their faces while tripping over jB's.

Bar isn't being lowered, it HAS been lowered.

ultrarunner said:
I took a quick peek at 5 year numbers for 320 Cpt's at JB vs. UAL. And the FO numbers. Both within a couple of bucks.

Wouldn't appear that JB is the one "lowering the bar".

Very enlightening.
I disagree. If you compare current jB (and everybody else's for that matter) wages with those of the legacies 4+ years ago, you can see clearly that they are much lower now. Thus, the bar HAS been lowered. Sure the jB guys aren't lowering it now, they did that when the went to work for jB and accepted those wages back when other companies were paying better, OR after getting furloughed after 911.

jB guys cannot sit here and say "look our rates are the same or better than yours now, so we're not lowering the bar". All that does is prove that the bar HAS been lowered down to your level. Congrats, mission complete.

Is it the jB guys fault? Is it ALPA's fault? Is it the companies fault? Yes and No for each. The market has changed because of so many things, but the fact remains that when the bottom feeders of yesterday are now on top, the bar HAS been lowered.

jB guys are just as culpable as anybody else in this trend, despite their protestations to the contrary.

FJ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back