If Delta dies, Skywest = ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Unlikely. Most of those smaller communities will lose a lot of their flight schedule forever. If a LCC moves into ATL, it is very doubtful that they will pick up feed. Airtran had AirWhiskey once, and dumped them. Places like Albany, Columbus, Brunswick, Macon, in Georgia will likely lose all air traffic, and other smaller towns will be left with one or two remaining airlines, like Piedmont. Let's hope it all works out in the end......

Bye Bye--General Lee

The picture would change significantly for Airtran if Delta were out of the picture. Likewise, I believe that Skywest still has a crapload of money in the bank after buying ASA. I'm sure that all involved are looking at contingency plans.

Let's definitely hope that it works out.

:cool:PBR...you are right about one thing, We ALL need to stick together! We have ALL got to stop this downward spiral! Mgmnt just wants the "worker-bee's" to keep busting a move and predicting doom and gloom, all the while lining their pockets with HUGE profits! I believe that we "ASA" will make a stand and that DALPA will also make a stand. HOPEFULLY, this will ignite a few more pilot groups to stand up and stop this B.S.
May God help us all!!

:DPBR...by the way, NICE JOB voting down that INSULT of a raise from your mgmnt!! Attababy, keep it up!

The Delta pilots have my full support, what ever they decide to do I will back them. I would be more than happy to not turn up at work, or even better, not turn up at an out station and leave the company high and dry.
I saw Jerry cruising around the olrando terminal last sunday, greeting all the gate agents, they seemed so happy to meet the man who just stole their pensions and their kids education ( I'm serious these people were falling all over themselves! Sad).
He has also been riding the Comair jumpseat spouting his crap about how Comair will be Delta "goto" regional again.
The only "goto" Comair will be doing is "goto Canada and give the planes back".
So long Delta, it was a fun six years. I hope Mesa and Chq enjoy their time with Delta as much as we have.

PBRstreetgang said:
Gentool,
I don't happen to have a copy of the contract between DAL and SKYW handy, oh wait I have never seen it and I seriously doubt you have either. Lets see SKYW has 1/2 of its pilots non-union and the others are union. It seems like the union ones are flying exclusively for DAL, that would solve that problem, no flying instant furlough, the other pilots are non union so they could furlough at will whomever they want in senority or out. It doesn't matter to me, I will be one of the ones who will be the first to go, I am not Mormon. Nothing I can do about that except look for a new job/career. You need to smarten up and stop chucking rocks at the very peers who's support(moral) you will need, ie not flying struck work(yours). I refused to fly Comair struck work and will not fly your struck work even if it means my job.
PBR

Ok, what? IF Dalpa strikes, then ASA (ATL and SLC) flying will stop. Comair will stop too. Freedom in MCO and CHQ in MCO/FLL will stop. Your flying in SLC for Delta will likely STOP. No feed means STOP. Got it yet genius? Maybe you could get 10 passengers to connect from TUS to BIL thru SLC, but that would be about it. Go for it. I am not trying to errode support for Dalpa, but rather pointing out that this really is high stakes poker, and I have continually said I hope this all works out, for all of us. Thanks for not flying our struck work IF IT COMES TO THAT. I hope it doesn't. And, in reality, all of the DCI flying DOES revolve around Delta. There may be some point to point, but not much, mainly hub feeding.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back