• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta dies, Skywest = ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cant see ASA/Comair/skywest/etc..... keep flying if DAL pilots strike. Comair feeds Delta, not the other way around. So DALPA striking is very different. If they walk and I worked for ASA/Comair etc... I wouldnt worry about who is crossing picket lines, because there would be no work. the only thing you would be crossing is the street to the unemployment line. I am not trying to sound like a D*ck, but i feel you guys are bickering back and forth about a non-issue.

DAL is the head and the regionals are the body. if you cut of the head.....what are the regionals gonna feed? Each other? puh-lease

Haven't RJs recently been found to be too expensive to operate. Thats why they were on the "endangered species list"? and doesnt DAL pay a fee per departure? They would lose money by paying for 50 seats, when it only 35 seats are filled. they cant make their money back when the pax get on a mainline flight because there isnt one.

did i make any sense? my writing skills are horrible....Good luck to everyone, i 've got friends at ASA, delta, and SKywest I would hate to see anything happen to them.

General Lee said:
Wow, that really would excite me! NOT. I guess that would mean I would lose my job too in the process. I can't wait for that. But, there are some things that NEED to be worked out, and that is what negotiations are for. No GRAB BAG. The pilots that "remembered the old Delta days" are now GONE. We are a younger group with more options. Hopefully things will work out, but if they don't, everyone will be hurting. I hope it doesn't get to that point, but it might.

And SSDD, I love the part about your SkyWest flights still operating their current DCI flights. To feed what? How many people want to go from SLC to Great Falls? That is ridiculous. Most of those connections go onto CVG, ATL or Hawaii. You might fill St George to SLC, but that is about it. Have fun with that. And, I bet the wheels are turning in St George, asking why they added more exposure to DL by purchasing ASA. It would take years to cover any mainline flying that went away, unless you already had mainline planes, and Southwest does. (47 new 737-700s next year alone) The big losers would be the small communities that never get service again, especially from any LCC. Let's hope the talks resume soon..... Stay tuned.....

Bye Bye--General Lee
Again the Generaltool strikes with his/her generaltoolcentric view of the world. The majority of our flights originate from SLC and as everyone knows DAL is the only airline that operates from said airport. To connect to the majority of the smaller cities we service as a DCI carrier there are a multitude of other options to get to SLC. Will SKYW reduce schedules,yup, more than likely it will suck for us, more for the DAL guys and gals. Gentool again swings and misses, SKYW has been around for along time and has made many shrewd moves.
PBR

:rolleyes:PBR...I would be VERY careful in what you are thinking! If Big D goes down, NO ONE will be immune! It is going to wipe out a whole bunch of carriers!

ASADVR...Dude, you need to go get a different job! Because you are going to be very freaked out when WE vote to strike!! You are far to jaded to continue to fly! Good Luck with YOUR attitude!

If the Delta pilots go on strike, we all lose our jobs permenantly (including them). SO STOP POKING THEM IN THE EYE, already. Certainly you know that, apparently management does not. Have a Happy Non-specific Religion Thanksgiving.

PBR,

SkyWest will have a VERY hard time staying out of Chap 11 if we go on strike. Over half of the flying will stop, and you are exposed even more thanks to buying ASA. I don't want that to happen, and hopefully an agreement will be reached. I am not stating this to get anyone mad, just stating a harsh reality. Keep those fingers crossed. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The other option is for Skywest to go lock, stock and barrel to another carrier. There is precedent for this. I can't remember what company, maybe Chatauqua, used to have a base in Ohio. When they got the axe, Delta contracted their whole operation. Also, Air Whisky recently made the move to US Scareways from Untied.

If Delta strikes, people are still going to need to travel from AGS to EVV, for example. SW/ASA could fly quite a few passengers on their own airplanes under their own name. There is a coast-to-coast network there. You might have to change planes three times, but if it is a choice between that and not going....

blueridge71 said:
The other option is for Skywest to go lock, stock and barrel to another carrier. There is precedent for this. I can't remember what company, maybe Chatauqua, used to have a base in Ohio. When they got the axe, Delta contracted their whole operation. Also, Air Whisky recently made the move to US Scareways from Untied.

If Delta strikes, people are still going to need to travel from AGS to EVV, for example. SW/ASA could fly quite a few passengers on their own airplanes under their own name. There is a coast-to-coast network there. You might have to change planes three times, but if it is a choice between that and not going....

Unlikely. Most of those smaller communities will lose a lot of their flight schedule forever. If a LCC moves into ATL, it is very doubtful that they will pick up feed. Airtran had AirWhiskey once, and dumped them. Places like Albany, Columbus, Brunswick, Macon, in Georgia will likely lose all air traffic, and other smaller towns will be left with one or two remaining airlines, like Piedmont. Let's hope it all works out in the end......

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm not sure how many carriers serve AGS but the General is correct on this one. If someone in EVV wants to fly somewhere and they can't connect through ATL or CVG, they can still go through ORD, CLE, IND, MEM, STL, PIT (up until recently) and probably several hubs I've left out. If a particular city has only one carrier serving it, there must be a good economic reason why.

Doesn't make me happy, it's just what it is.

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:PBR...I would be VERY careful in what you are thinking! If Big D goes down, NO ONE will be immune! It is going to wipe out a whole bunch of carriers!

ASADVR...Dude, you need to go get a different job! Because you are going to be very freaked out when WE vote to strike!! You are far to jaded to continue to fly! Good Luck with YOUR attitude!
Hey,
Read very closely, I am not wishing for anything except a non eventful finish to '05 and and even more quiet '06. This will allow the airline pilots of the U.S. to pull their heads out of their collective butts and realize that managment is the opposition not each other. The gentool thinks that the world revolves around DAL and DAL revolves about him. If you(DALPA) strikes, I wish you nothing but UNITY and the strength of your convictions. The reality is GWB will immediately order you guys back to work citing national security and stuff. The result will interesting, but hardly company crushing, I predict somthing similar to the UAL summer of love in 2000 with DAL pilots flying strictly by the book and the company execs folding like a cheap suit. Just a few days of full instrument approaches even when VFR conditions prevai, no shortcuts, AIM/FAR taxi speeds will solve the rest of the issues at hand. Make no mistake, I am on your side, I just think gentool is quite clueless and foolish to boot.
PBR

General Lee said:
PBR,

SkyWest will have a VERY hard time staying out of Chap 11 if we go on strike. Over half of the flying will stop, and you are exposed even more thanks to buying ASA. I don't want that to happen, and hopefully an agreement will be reached. I am not stating this to get anyone mad, just stating a harsh reality. Keep those fingers crossed. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Gentool,
I don't happen to have a copy of the contract between DAL and SKYW handy, oh wait I have never seen it and I seriously doubt you have either. Lets see SKYW has 1/2 of its pilots non-union and the others are union. It seems like the union ones are flying exclusively for DAL, that would solve that problem, no flying instant furlough, the other pilots are non union so they could furlough at will whomever they want in senority or out. It doesn't matter to me, I will be one of the ones who will be the first to go, I am not Mormon. Nothing I can do about that except look for a new job/career. You need to smarten up and stop chucking rocks at the very peers who's support(moral) you will need, ie not flying struck work(yours). I refused to fly Comair struck work and will not fly your struck work even if it means my job.
PBR

Latest resources

Back