• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ideal AWA/USAir Seniority Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the most equitable solution would be a relative seniority integration.

Once hiring resumes, give USAir furloughees first shot at interview with the company (or maybe even bring them back on property in seniority order) at the bottom of the list of course.

Just my 2 cents...........

Last edited:
Doug Parker said:
give USAir furloughees first shot at interview with the company (or maybe even bring them back on property in seniority order)

Why only "interviews"?

just curious as to your reasoning...

I said OR just recall them in seniority order at the bottom of the list

That would be even better.......

Doug Parker said:
I think the most equitable solution would be a relative seniority integration.

Once hiring resumes, give USAir furloughees first shot at interview with the company (or maybe even bring them back on property in seniority order) at the bottom of the list of course.

Just my 2 cents...........

eliminate the part about interviews and it sounds about right to me.

You must be kidding about interviewing, we are furloughed then as soon as hiring begins we should be called back in seniority order period. Don't see why you would think an "interview" would be required! JEEZ!

I agree with the relative senority integration. Bring back the US guys in senority order, at the bottom of the new senority list...NO INTERVIEWS!! AFTER all the furloughed guys get brought back, maybe preferential interviews for the AWAC pilots, since it seems AWAC played a hand in getting this deal to happen in the first place.

I say use a lottery. Put little balls with everyone's employee number on it and draw them out one by one. If you are #1 at AWA and yours is the last ball in the drum--tough luck.

Whaddya think? It's gotta be better than "career expectations". We all know what that's worth now... :rolleyes: TC

AA717driver said:
I say use a lottery. Put little balls with everyone's employee number on it and draw them out one by one. If you are #1 at AWA and yours is the last ball in the drum--tough luck.

Whaddya think? It's gotta be better than "career expectations". We all know what that's worth now... :rolleyes: TC

Why not just put the senority numbers up for bid on ebay?

Where are you seeing the need for more pilots? I hope to god that there will be a recall but, I don't see where there will be any hiring, if anything I see more of the "F" word in the future.

I really am hoping for the best, but I am not seeing it.

I think they should staple all the USAir guys to the bottom of the AWA list. Isn't this the fair way to do it?

Latest resources

Back