Ideal AWA/USAir Seniority Integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughfodder said:
I think they should staple all the USAir guys to the bottom of the AWA list. Isn't this the fair way to do it?

Absolutely. At least, that seems to be the stance TWA ALPA took....:p

Hey watch this!

"The financing includes an equity investment of $350 million from four groups, including $125 million from the parent of regional carrier Air Wisconsin and $75 million from the parent of Air Canada."

Seems to me the only airlines "buying" anyone are Air Wisconsin and Air Canada.

Shouldn't they be "on top" of the list?

It will all boil down to career expectations. I would be stunned if a consenual agreement was reached between the two MEC's. Whoever is then able to put up the best dog and pony show in front of an arbitrator under ALPA guidlines will decide this integration. It will be a very ugly fight.

Has the questions been raised about which contract the pilots will be folded under? And when?

Last edited:
Absolutely. At least, that seems to be the stance TWA ALPA took....

I don't get it. Do you mean ALPA National? Or are you refering to the Ozark/TWA merger that resulted in date of hire?

Date of Hire,

Yes that is all you can say about OZ/TWA, there seems to be enough information from the OZ guys why DOH for them was not good, and if it had been that great for the OZ guys, do you think TWA would have left it the same way.

AA

Career expectations should rule. Of course the ALAP merger policy will apply. Career expectations was all we heard when there was talk of merging the ASA, Comair and DAL lists. It looks like the AWA pilots have the best career expectations out of the two groups, so staple the USAir pilots to the bottom of the AWA list (then put up a 5 year fence), then recall furloughed USAir pilots as needed in the future.

Latest resources

Back