• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT Tells USAPA "Uh....No Thanks"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The AA merger possibility is the most obvious reason the IBT is delaying, seeing that a merger stands to boot the IBT out the door, immediately squandering their investment.

If, as others post, the IBT aversion is due to a toxicity at USAir, the previous posts reveal precisely where that toxicity resides.

Zzzzzzz

The AA merger possibility is the most obvious reason the IBT is delaying, seeing that a merger stands to boot the IBT out the door, immediately squandering their investment.

If, as others post, the IBT aversion is due to a toxicity at USAir, the previous posts reveal precisely where that toxicity resides.

"....At the present time, we have several large scale drives underway that have my Division staff and attorney spread around the nation. Since these projects are currently underway, I am unable at this time, to consider another drive for new membership at the Division...."

Let's see if we can read between the lines:

1. USAPA is an independent union beholden to no other union. I estimate that USAPA draws in over $875,000.00 per month in dues.
  2. With that said, USAPA owes a BUTT LOAD of money to one attorney firm (SSM&P) and is currently contesting what is truly owed.
  3. USAPA employes at least one other law firm and is currently waging a losing battle to evade a final and binding seniority arbitration.
  4. USAPA lost (TWICE) a BS Rico persecution that could easily have gone the other way against USAPA and it's officers.
IBT would SNAG that $10,000,000.00 yearly nugget in a HEARTBEAT if USAPA didn't have all the "baggage" it carries. No other union will TOUCH the leprosy that USAPA exudes. Period.

Looks like "plan B" didn't work out for Mikey. IF a merger with APA happens before we get a joint contract, look for "plan C" to FAIL as well. The good news is that while you languish on LOA 93, Mikey and his pals all get full FPL and many work from home (nice work if you can get it).

USAPA doesn't bring in nearly that much cash a month. The bottom of the industry pay and the relatively small group of pilots would only generate a portion of what you claim.

USAPA doesn't bring in nearly that much cash a month. The bottom of the industry pay and the relatively small group of pilots would only generate a portion of what you claim.

Very ROUGH "fuzzy" math, Billy. I'm am but a lowly (semi-senior) FO in PHX. I paid $155.00 last month to that wonderful independent union (USAPA), that stands for true "democracy & transparency".

I guess-timated an average of $175.00 per month X 5000 pilots = $875,000.00. I'll bet I'm not that far off (certainly by no more than $75,000). If so, that's still $9.6 MILLION dollars ANNUALLY. Bottom line: IBT would LOVE an additional $9.6 MILLION dollars a year....but not the King Size, butt ugly AMERICAN TOURISTER that USAPA is hauling around.

BTW.....The pilots at the "bottom of the industry pay" are such because it is COMPLETELY self induced. The ineffective "relatively small pilot group" has still managed to keep the DOH Gold Standard at bay. Life is good.

The good news is that while you languish on LOA 93, Mikey and his pals all get full FPL and many work from home (nice work if you can get it).

If you would be able contain your glee that anyone in the aviation industry is working for such horsesh1t wages/workrules, it would make your position look that much better.

When you west pilots celebrate this, it really makes you look poorly, and not just to East infections.

If you would be able contain your glee that anyone in the aviation industry is working for such horsesh1t wages/workrules, it would make your position look that much better.

When you west pilots celebrate this, it really makes you look poorly, and not just to East infections.

I just don't see the glee some of you go on about. It is true that it is hammered home by the west constantly, but only because it is the inevitable outcome of the east's illegal avoidance of the Nic. But I just don't see any true joy because this is holding the west back too.

Tweak;
I was just responding to Billy's math mistakes. He brought up that they are the lowest paid in the industry. I am not gleeful in the LEAST.

It is a sad story: A few people sell the group a bag of goods that are IMPOSSIBLE to deliver, and yet the masses refuse to become educated / informed. This nonsense has been going on for nearly FOUR YEARS! What we are is tired of the BS entitlement attitude, but eventually the courts will FIX IT. The crime: The complete loss of time off, contract improvements, and wages all for a paper chase of "the Gold Standard".

My statement regarding "Life is Good"....could hardly be construed as gleeful. My pride remains in my "relatively small pilot group" for refusing to be bullied by a bunch of THUGS.

I just don't see the glee some of you go on about. It is true that it is hammered home by the west constantly, but only because it is the inevitable outcome of the east's illegal avoidance of the Nic. But I just don't see any true joy because this is holding the west back too.

It isn't an "illegal" avoidance. After all the "civil" not "criminal" court hearings and appalate court hearings are done we easties still get a vote and no judge can force me to vote yes on a contract. Until a contract is ratified the nic will not be used.

It isn't an "illegal" avoidance. After all the "civil" not "criminal" court hearings and appalate court hearings are done we easties still get a vote and no judge can force me to vote yes on a contract. Until a contract is ratified the nic will not be used.

Ahhhh.....So what you are saying is that it was prudent for USAPA to nearly outspend its entire budget on the DOH Hail Mary (not to mention the money pi$$ed away on the 2x loss of the RICO persecution), and not put a penny into the possible thought of a merger fund? Excellent.

Latest resources

Back