• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT Airline Division/Local 357 Scorecard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DJ: Why was seniority such a big issue? Stemmler: We have 640 active flying pilots. All of them would have been positioned at the bottom of the seniority list, or stapled to the bottom as we call it. Southwest is ten times larger than we are. There was no way Frontier pilots were going to move (up that list). We only had four hours to negotiate. It took Delta Northwest six-and-a-half months to negotiate the seniority issue (amid merger talks between those airlines).

DJ: How will Frontier seniority be sorted out with Republic pilots?
Stemmler: We have confidence we can come up with a consensual list since we have time. Southwest said we will close only if you can come up with a list. Republic says we will close and we will operate Frontier as a fenced off entity until (Frontier and Republic pilots) reach a deal. And in case we can’t reach a deal, it will go to binding arbitration.

You apparently have no understanding why the frontier pilots are so angry with the IBT. And I am not going to bother. Understand, either we seperate or frontier goes under. Frontier pilots will leave faster then they can be replaced if Republic pilots come over with their IMSL seniority. Republic is not going to replace 5,6,7 year pay scale pilots with 10 year pay scale pilots. Why don't you get that. So then you have 700 frontier pilots looking for jobs along with you Republic pilots. Even more competion for a handful of jobs. So who do you think airlines will hire?

Even if you guys win and the next new hires comes off the IMSL with seniority intact. We will not begin hiring till next year. So our pilots will know that their career at frontier is over but not for six months or so. That gives our pilots plenty of time to find new jobs in aviation or out. So in 4 months we have pilots fleeing frontier in droves. 20-30 at a time. It takes at a minimum 2 months to train and replace a pilot who leaves. Over half of our fo's could be out the door before 1 republic pilot steps foot in an airbus. Do you really think that Frontier would still be a viable entity if that happened? Or do you just not care?
You guys seem to think 100s of republic pilots will just start walking over to frontier next month. You would only be able to come over as we need pilots. At the most 20-30 total next year.
I am half way up the first officer side and I will immediatly start looking for a job if you guys are able to come over ahead of me. I can only imagine that the 200 pilots below me along with most of the other fo's ahead of me will do the same. Frontier will shut down if that happens. You need to understand that. You will never be able to bid over to Frontier because there will be no Frontier.

Even if you guys win and the next new hires comes off the IMSL with seniority intact. We will not begin hiring till next year. So our pilots will know that their career at frontier is over but not for six months or so. That gives our pilots plenty of time to find new jobs in aviation or out. So in 4 months we have pilots fleeing frontier in droves. 20-30 at a time. It takes at a minimum 2 months to train and replace a pilot who leaves. Over half of our fo's could be out the door before 1 republic pilot steps foot in an airbus. Do you really think that Frontier would still be a viable entity if that happened? Or do you just not care?
You guys seem to think 100s of republic pilots will just start walking over to frontier next month. You would only be able to come over as we need pilots. At the most 20-30 total next year.
I am half way up the first officer side and I will immediatly start looking for a job if you guys are able to come over ahead of me. I can only imagine that the 200 pilots below me along with most of the other fo's ahead of me will do the same. Frontier will shut down if that happens. You need to understand that. You will never be able to bid over to Frontier because there will be no Frontier.

You nailed it, buddy! Not one person that I have flown with has any desire to go to F9 anyways! You guys all think that the RAH pilots want your jobs, I can assure you, they dont!!!! People are already leaving RAH in those numbers anyways so I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Last edited:
You nailed it, buddy! Not one person that I have flown with has any desire to go to F9 anyways! You guys all think that the RAH pilots want your jobs, I can assure you, they dont!!!!
How quickly they forget...

SWA had the upper hand-F9 had nothing any SWA pilot wanted.But,the strategy was simple: Turn down SWA-they will play hardball with the SLI and they know they have nothing to gain by playing along.On the other hand,we'll just staple these stupid "commuter pilots" and tell them where to get off.What are they gonna do-turn the "Dumstah Union" loose on us ? Bwahaha !

Result: SLI-IBT
STS-IBT
Election-IBT
Lawsuit-to be decided

When FAPA saw the election wasn't going their way,in an act of desperation,they sued to stop it ! THAT didn't work,so they cut a deal with the Rev.So,now F9 is a money furnace.The board said "enough !" and cut of the money spigot.If you were on the B.O.D. what would you do ? Shut down the profitable part of the company ? Uh-huh.BB needs to find a buyer-fast.SWA and Unical are eating your lunch in DEN.The clock is ticking.

Latest resources

Back