• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Flex Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting tired of you turning every thread into a union bashing one. Thankyou NJ's for the raise, most of us here realize this. Remember folks we are all in this together.

I'm tired of every thread saying the union is the best thing, you must send in your cards, etc......

you have your opinion and I have mine, that's what makes eveyone different.

Hopefully enough Flex guys will send in their cards to at least allow a vote. Sending in a card is neither a yes nor a no vote - it only allows the folks to vote yes or no at some point.

Unions are not the end all answer to the myriad of challenges facing the aviation career, but they certainately can help in some area's. Being able to negotiate in good faith your wages, QOL issues, insurance scenario and very importantly some job security are things that to me make chipping in 1.5% a worthy investment.

why does everyone else wish flex to send in their vote card? Is it becasue you aren't happy with your union so you want flex to be miserable with you?

No numbnut, you'll find that most of those wanting Flex to send in their cards are the very content folks at NJ's. They actually want us to improve out QOL here at Flex. What a novel concept. They want inprovements for their fellow pilots while you with your vitiolic whines want to keep the status quo.

Flex people want others to send their cards in so we at least have a choice as to whether a union is on property or not. Right now we have only what scraps management will dish out in response to other companies at the behest of it's union busting advisers. I'd at least like to have the choice, and see what the other 450+ crewmemebrs think.

hauling,

Just curious why you are so fearful of folks turning in their cards and allowing a vote? There are pro's and con's to both sides - why be afraid for the pilots at Flex to vote and determine which way they want to go? NetJets laid the groundwork for your pay "proposal". The "proposal" was NOT because management decided they wanted to give a raise to the pilot group - the pay "proposal" is to buy off the union drive. Management fears a union - if they didn't - they would be doing nothing but sitting on their respective arse. NetJets raised the bar, FlexJet needs to continue it. That will require the other Fracs at some point to do the same - or deal with a lack of interest from the skilled and experienced. Keep the momentum from your brothers at NetJets moving forward to help the others out there.

why does everyone else wish flex to send in their vote card? Is it becasue you aren't happy with your union so you want flex to be miserable with you?

You still haven't said what perfect non-union job you have. Are you a Flex pilot or do you fly (work) some where else? Are you in aviation? As far as what I think of unions, I base it on personal experience. I used to volunteer at my old job. I went to a conference about 9 months before I left. A national officer was there. The discussion got around to the "one list" issue ( a hot button at the time), and he told me to my face that one list would never happen. Reason? He said "a guy coming out of the military doesn't want to start out on a little plane like that and we have to look out for our squadron buddies." Now his squadron buddy is a great American, a great patriot, and a great pilot no doubt. But there is one thing he is not, and that is a dues paying union member. When I pointed out to this national union officer that the union is supposed to represent it's members and not non members, he told me "that is just how it is". So based on my personal experience, I would say NO to joining. And remember hauling, if you are on the property before the union gets in, you do not have to join, and you do not have to pay fees of any sort. But I have nothing against a vote, if the majority wants a vote on the issue.

I have to remind myself after I read this board that 98% of the NJ guys are awesome guys. The few pukes that spew on this web site are the exception.

One of you mouthy types, please answer this question: If Shares gets a phenomenal pay raise - either with or without a union, do you think any FJ guys will tell them they got it "on our coattails," "because of us," "you owe us thanks" etc?

so Hauling, what perfect non-union job do you work at?

Answer the question!
Oh wait, you are flying a chitbox making paperboy wages. I bet the wife will enjoy supporting you for the rest of your "career".

Open your eyes!

Answer the question!
Oh wait, you are flying a chitbox making paperboy wages. I bet the wife will enjoy supporting you for the rest of your "career".

Open your eyes!

He flew the panel or the right seat at ATI and is now a Flexjet CL300 right seater. He is also clueless and unfortunately represents a large number just like him at Flex.

Latest resources

Back