• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to sound arrogant but NJASAP has larger membership numbers and higher paid pilots. There is no need to try to take money from the FO pilots because NJASAP has a much higher income from dues.

A couple of Flight Options pilots got played by the IBT to be party to the Hoffa political hack attack. Don't try to fool the rest of your pilot group now. It only makes things worse.

Correct it and move on to securing a solid contract.

The NetJets pilots told the Teamsters to stick their fabricated trusteeship where the sun don't shine. The Flight Options pilots should do the same.

It only takes a backbone...

at least we agree on that.......

oh, and personally i'm in support of all the money that was left to FLOPS. to insinuate that we at netjets wanted to keep more than what was agreed to keep for ourselves is ridiculous. The fact of the matter is that we didn't announce our separation until March 17. Prior to that the IBT had no interest in us (one of the problems). Netjets pilots controlled the Eboard and the finances. We could have raided the cupboard 6 months ago and left FLOPS with zip.

Flight Options pilots received the autonomy they asked for and $1.7 million in cash/assets. There is no reason a solid contract shouldn't be secured, sooner rather than later.

>$1.2 Million in the investment account
>$50,000 in the checking account
>$377,000 to be paid by NJASAP

The IBT shouldn't hesitate to match the cash left by the NetJets pilot group. That would be $3.4 Million to bring a new contract home.

After reading 21 pages on this topic its hard to look through all the BS. I know the FLOPs 1108 president well and I don't believe any of this FUD some of you NJ guys are posting here. He is a man of integrity and I stand by him.

Mat and AJ are good people - they just missed the call on this one by teaming up with the IBT against the NetJets group without so much as a courtesy call to 1108 President Rountree and 1108 Sec/Treas Weeber.

The NetJets pilots left $1.7 Million behind when the discussed and negotiated handover target was between $1.2 and $1.5 Million.

BM lied to Mat and AJ saying the Local was in the red. Mat and AJ didn't cross-check. Events took over when Mat and AJ started hitting the banks without checking with Rountree and Weeber. Then, there is the missing check that was stolen out of the Local and deposited in a CLE bank.

Such is life - The IBT failed

Last edited:
Options_SLAVE,

Would you mind answering or commenting on the questions I have posted in post #270 and #281?

I hope the constitutes of Local 1108 have asked their leadership the same or similar questions. Would you mind informing us of the answers the leadership of Local 1108 gives you?

As a concerned member of the newly formed NJASAP, I would like to hear and see the evidence that lead to the events that transpired, and, to the allegations made against the current and former leadership of the NetJets pilots.

Thanks,
IDEtoNJA

I ask again - WHERE is the money that the net jets pilots donated for the RIF pilots? It never made it out of the Net Jets leadership's hands to the Local. How low is that to steal money from those already standing in the bread line?

The money ($3200 and change) is sitting in a bank account waiting for the FLOPS leadership to decide how to disburse it. The NJASAP leadership is accountable for that money and will not just blindly and irresponsibly hand over donations without the plan. The NJASAP leadership has communicated several times over the last couple of months with both the FLOPS President and the Sec/Treas requesting their plan and as of today have not received it. Once the plan is forthcoming we will send them the donations.

Voice and Slave, I really feel sorry for you both. Anger, fear and denial is natural when people you thought you could trust have betrayed you. I'm glad you don't speak for the rest of your pilot force!

If anybody is sabotaging your contract talks it's the IBT and the pilots that don't believe enough to even pay dues! You have a steep hill to climb and making enemies with your biggest supporters is not the answer! I hope when the smoke clears and you see the truth you can move on.

Actions speak louder than words!!!!

From what I have read in this thread, my opinion is that you Flops pilots can take that $1.7 mil WE GAVE YOU and go have a big circle jerk with it. I'm glad to be rid of you.

It is patently obvious that Slave was one of the 2 dimwitted culprits - or perhaps the lover of one of them. He has far too much inside information to be otherwise. I used to support you and your cause, but no more.

If you (Flops pilots) don't have any better sense than to see through his lies, you deserve to fail and I hope you do.

Good riddance.

I never doubted that the money was being handled responsibly but thanks, Caveo, for the explanation. My family made one of the first donations and in spite of the transition trouble I would still like to show support to the pilots who were wrongly terminated (obviously they had nothing to do with this problem) and to their spouses and children who are definitely innocent bystanders in all of this, even more so than the FltOps line pilots who were not consulted on the decisions that were made.

May ethics and fairness prevail,
NJW

Latest resources

Back