• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they were going to be NJASAP officers and everyone knew it.

And the GP made sure of it.

You're right, it never did happen, because control of the money was maintained with the Local. However, I can truly speculate myself with what NJASAP would have done with the money. In fact I did speculate.

Well, wait a minute. Go ahead and speculate. Since the money is still there and in their control.

That is NOT a fact. Signature cards were changed and in FACT what happened was the GP had removed 2 members of the eBoard who had access to FOUR bank accounts that belong to the Local 1108 who would be leaving the eBoard to 2 members who would NOT be leaving. NO withdrawals or attempted withdrawals were made. It was discovered however that there were over $170,000 in floating checks outstanding from very loose pockets by the e-board during the months of the transition, and around a half a million dollars in suspect spending by the outgoing eBoard members that would become the liability (inherited) by the "new" leadership.

Again, false. They have documentation signed by the GP that gave them the authority to make the changes at the banks. If you can prove otherwise, don't state it under a false name here, take them to court on it. As Phoenix stated, bank fraud is a federal offense and the IBT nor the FO MEC are worried about how they did this transfer of authority on the accounts.

Actually it was the IBT who took the precautions, and THEY worked. The Local's money stayed in the Local's hands, and when the NJASAP pilots found out about it, this thread started on the message board and the Flight Options message board disappeared.

Why? Because the GP took the steps to ensure that the IBT Local 1108's monies stayed in the Local's hands? Well, boo hoo. Isn't life tough.

No fraud was attempted on the FO side of the fence. You fail to prove otherwise and are challenged to provide such proof in a court of law. They did what they were directed to by the GP himself and were legally and morally obligated to do regarding securing the funds of the Local. Not a dime was transferred, not a dime was made unavailable to anyone, merely who signed the checks for any Local monies. It is however debatable and the jury is still out, pun intended, on if there was in fact fraud that took place on the NJASAP leadership's part regarding spending Local 1108 assets for their organization purposes.

Ditto. All because Olson was pissed he was out-maneuvered at the banks and had to air it out here on the public message board.

Thank you.

Option_SLAVE,

Without officially invoking emergency trusteeship, what rights does the "trustee" have to ensure a change in control of bank accounts? Will you agree that presenting paperwork for an emergency trusteeship without officially invoking it is highly irregular?

In case the emergency trusteeship was invoked, is Local 1108 still under the auspices of the "trustee?" Otherwise, it would seem that the emergency trusteeship was the shortest in the history of organized labor. Would you agree that such a scenario is highly irregular?

You claim that the Local 1108 eboard had control over the local's finances throughout. However, at the same time a "trustee" appointed by a politician in DC unilaterally gave control to at least one person that was not a current member of the ebaord. What legal standing did the "trustee" use in order to enact such change?

Does the constitution, by-laws, and DOL rules and regulations specify who shall have control over the finances of each local? Was the change in control done in accordance with these rules and regulations in an orderly and open manner?

Thanks,
IDEtoNJA

I'm not confused - I see EXACTLY what was planned (way before "Olsen" was out of the office). Nice timing on being in Europe!

As stated above, this was clear before 1108 received its charter. It was the default for many. That's been known from the get go - Hence 98% of the NetJets pilots vote to leave the Teamsters.

Europe, or not...

Trusteeship paperwork did exist. Signed by the GP.

The GP did so claiming authority that the he does not have. That's the part you keep missing: the IBT, under the RLA and MLRDA does not have the authority to change control of those accounts.

The GP did what he thought was necessary to secure the Local's interests.
That "he thought it was necessary" doesn't make it legal or ethical.

Nothing was stolen...
The check from NetJets was. If it was a legal transaction, why was it done in a dark office with someone the bookkeper let in the back door?

Nice try - the control of all funds were always in control of the eBoard. The only thing that changed was who has the authorization of signing the checks and was done by the authority of the GP.
Once again: The GP does NOT have that authority, any more than you do. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Just because they're "the national" doesn't grant them unlimited power over your local. If you guys are going to survive under the Teamsters, you need to learn that lesson sooner rather than later.

Boy, isn't it funny how that just CHAPS your hides. WHAT, prey tell, was the outgoing eBoard members up to, that makes them so upset over who signs the checks?
Chaps my hide? Not at all. We stopped this improper transaction in its tracks, all to ensure we'd get our funds from the loan we agreed to. Nothing more. With your side swiping the physical check and illegally changing control of the accounts, we could very well have been left with nothing.

On July 11th, the funds were yours to do with as you please. On July 7th, they belonged to all members of 1108, under the control of the elected E-board at that time. Not IBT, not Bill Moore, not our crooked bookkeeper, and not your future e-board leaders.

What check didn't get signed that would have been had the authorizations not been changed, hmmm?
None, because we were prepared for this.

You and your leaders apparently assume we were going to clean out the accounts before we left. Nothing could be further from the truth, and this despicable action is going to hurt your union for years to come because of the complicity your leadership has shown IBT.

How are you going to say "no" to anything IBT asks, when you've already demonstrated you'll break the law when they tell you to?

What's your point slave? What allegations and what wrong doings! Did the NJA eboard members hide behind closed doors. Did they set up illegal bank accounts? Did they take a check out of the office and have a bookeeper hide the fact? Did they pose as President and Treasurer before they were actually that?

What were the REAL Eboard members going to do? Were they going to withdraw 1.2 million in cash and buy laptops for everyone? You keep saying that nothing was stolen, but you forget the fact that a check was deposited without the knowledge of the CURRENT and REAL EBoard members.

#1. If it wasn't for the vigilance of the REAL EBoard members what would have happend to the $377,000?

#2. What would have happend to the unpaid expenses?

You still haven't answered my question about who called the authorities! I don't think it was the IBT or the FO EBoard members????

The check from NetJets was. If it was a legal transaction, why was it done in a dark office with someone the bookkeper let in the back door?

Actually, I think it's the same law that let G. Gordon Liddy go into some offices at the Watergate Hotel....:laugh:

It's been fun Slave and all but I will leave you with this.

Betrayal, a form of deception or dismissal of prior presumptions, is the breaking or violation of a presumptive social contract (trust, or confidence) that produces moral and psychological conflict within a relationship amongst individuals, between organizations or between individuals and organizations. Often betrayal is the act of supporting a rival group, or it is a complete break from previously decided upon or presumed norms by one party from the others.

Good luck to you and the other Options pilots!
To the Teamsters ------>:puke:

But you know, I'm curious, is that why our message board went down in the middle of the night last night, you folks being supportive, "to all Flight Options pilots" and all?

We turned over adminstration of that site to Flight Options pilots and their tech staff yesterday around close of business. They were planning on moving the website to a different server as soon as possible. I don't know where that move stands but I would suspect that was the problem. Someone tinkering with something they didn't understand.

That being said, I got a call about an hour ago while I was out with my wife asking for me to see if I could fix it. As soon as I catch up on all the silliness on this thread, I'm going over there to troubleshoot it.

Gerry - you might want to talk to your tech folks before you start slinging accusations - especially when they are asking for my help.

Latest resources

Back