• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Attempts to take NJASAP funds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all, my understanding is that the NJASAP never had control of Ibt1108 money. The officers who moved to the NJASAP from the IBT1108 had to resign their position. Those NETJETS pilots who held down the fort the last few months were still members of the IBT1108.

And they were going to be NJASAP officers and everyone knew it.

Next, those members of the IBT1108 who left as the agreement was executed did nothing with the money other than what was agreed upon, even though they had full control of the 1108 for months. Those 1108 NetJets officers did nothing other than what was stated in the transition document when they left.

And the GP made sure of it.

No need to speculate what the NJASAP would do with IBT money, it never happened. No need to speculate what the outgoing Netjets 1108 officers did either, it is public record.

You're right, it never did happen, because control of the money was maintained with the Local. However, I can truly speculate myself with what NJASAP would have done with the money. In fact I did speculate.

I can speculate what the National IBT and incoming 2 members wanted to do with the money, but it serves no point.

Well, wait a minute. Go ahead and speculate. Since the money is still there and in their control.

The facts are such: The IBT National, a bookkeeper who worked for the 1108, and 2 1108 officers-elect did manufacture a bogus trusteeship documents, and then attempted to drain some IBT1108 bank accounts.

That is NOT a fact. Signature cards were changed and in FACT what happened was the GP had removed 2 members of the eBoard who had access to FOUR bank accounts that belong to the Local 1108 who would be leaving the eBoard to 2 members who would NOT be leaving. NO withdrawals or attempted withdrawals were made. It was discovered however that there were over $170,000 in floating checks outstanding from very loose pockets by the e-board during the months of the transition, and around a half a million dollars in suspect spending by the outgoing eBoard members that would become the liability (inherited) by the "new" leadership.

They represented themselves as the current president and tresurer of the 1108, while they were only the president and tresurer-elect.

Again, false. They have documentation signed by the GP that gave them the authority to make the changes at the banks. If you can prove otherwise, don't state it under a false name here, take them to court on it. As Phoenix stated, bank fraud is a federal offense and the IBT nor the FO MEC are worried about how they did this transfer of authority on the accounts.

Were their motives to embezzle the money for themselves? Were they trying to destroy the IBT/NJASAP transition agreement? Were they only seizing the money in case the NJ 1108 members tried to take more than agreed upon when they left?

I don't know, that's speculation, and as I said above it doesn't really matter what I think they would have done had the IBT and the Flops senior union management managed to steal the money. We took precautions to prevent the the kind of actions that were attempted, and they worked.

Actually it was the IBT who took the precautions, and THEY worked. The Local's money stayed in the Local's hands, and when the NJASAP pilots found out about it, this thread started on the message board and the Flight Options message board disappeared.

This has damaged any future working relationship between the two unions

Why? Because the GP took the steps to ensure that the IBT Local 1108's monies stayed in the Local's hands? Well, boo hoo. Isn't life tough.

, but you are allowed to do what you want now that we are no longer part of your local. If you want to commend these people for the fraud they attempted to commit, so be it.

No fraud was attempted on the FO side of the fence. You fail to prove otherwise and are challenged to provide such proof in a court of law. They did what they were directed to by the GP himself and were legally and morally obligated to do regarding securing the funds of the Local. Not a dime was transferred, not a dime was made unavailable to anyone, merely who signed the checks for any Local monies. It is however debatable and the jury is still out, pun intended, on if there was in fact fraud that took place on the NJASAP leadership's part regarding spending Local 1108 assets for their organization purposes.

I hope your pilot group can survive this situation, and I hope at some point in the future both unions can work together toward our common goals. It will take awhile for our trust level to be restored in your leadership at the 1108.

Ditto. All because Olson was pissed he was out-maneuvered at the banks and had to air it out here on the public message board.

Good luck on the negotiation and getting you 70 hostages freed.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Out of everyone involved the Flight Options pilots should be the ones asking questions and demanding full disclosure from their Eboard! It is they that have been betrayed more than the NJ pilots. Time will tell if you can step up and fight the playground bully without the teacher standing close by.

Pheonix, "you have some explaining to do"!

All because Olson was pissed he was out-maneuvered at the banks and had to air it out here on the public message board.

Ah, "Olsen" has been out of office for over 3 months and was in Europe while the deal closed. And, NJASAP exited with everthing in the agreement because they played it perfectly while the 1108 NetJets Executive Board honored the agreement.

How do these simple facts confuse people?

Slave you seem to have all the answers except one?

Is 1108 in trusteeship or not?

You seem to be in contact with the people in the know?

The E-board in place when this "transaction" took place should have been in the loop and in control. If there were suspicion of the E-board to warrant an emergency trusteeship, answer this simple question:

Why was no paperwork for this trusteeship filed?

Without trusteeship, Bill Moore, our ex-bookkeeper, and your two MEC members did not have the authority to remove that check from the premises. By doing so under the guise of trusteeship without proper paperwork to back it up, they did so under false pretenses, and presented falsified documents to the banks to that end.

Trusteeship paperwork did exist. Signed by the GP. You are referring to the paperwork being submitted to the DOL. I can't speak to that. You think you have an argument there, so take it to court. Otherwise, it's just smack. The GP did what he thought was necessary to secure the Local's interests. Nothing was stolen, no monies were not made available.

That's incorrect. By removing the check from the 1108 offices, control of those funds was taken from the E-board in power at that time. In doing this, those that participated broke the law.

Nice try - the control of all funds were always in control of the eBoard. The only thing that changed was who has the authorization of signing the checks and was done by the authority of the GP. Your argument is he didn't have the authority. He and his lawyers disagree. They acted. Get over it. You didn't lose a dime and the bank accounts were secured. I see nothing out of place, here.

Boy, isn't it funny how that just CHAPS your hides that you lost access to those accounts. WHAT, prey tell, was the outgoing eBoard members up to, that makes them so upset over who signs the checks? What check didn't get signed that would have been had the authorizations not been changed, hmmm? What "business" was interrupted by changing who on the eBoard signs the checks and has access to the accounts? You act like securing over 1 MILLION dollars is not worth protecting and being pro-active on account security.

Last edited:
This has got to be the fastest thread in the history of message boards.

In less than a day and a half there are 19 pages and 274 posts! Anyone remember a faster growing, more posted topic?

Sorry, 277 posts. (3 went up as I was writting!)

Ah, "Olsen" has been out of office for over 3 months and was in Europe while the deal closed. And, NJASAP exited with everthing in the agreement because they played it perfectly while the 1108 NetJets Executive Board honored the agreement.

How do these simple facts confuse people?

I'm not confused - I see EXACTLY what was planned (way before "Olsen" was out of the office). Nice timing on being in Europe!

Out of everyone involved the Flight Options pilots should be the ones asking questions and demanding full disclosure from their Eboard!

Hmm. Considering "our" e-board is 1 day old, any disclosures would need to be done by the outgoing eBoard, don't ya think?

It is they that have been betrayed more than the NJ pilots.

Explain - what did your eBoard do that we don't know about?

Time will tell if you can step up and fight the playground bully without the teacher standing close by.

You got that right, buddy.

Last edited:
How many NJ pilots are even more glad to get out of the IBT madhouse than they were a week ago?

I'll start.

P.S. Good luck getting a fair contract guys, I meet 4 Flops Pilots last tour, 3 were very antiunion and one was prounion (and he figures if the RIF would have been done fair, he should have been let go because he is near the bottom of the seniority list.) I hope that I just got a bad sampling of your pilots' opinions last week...

Latest resources

Back