• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I was ashamed of my school for the first time yesterday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back after Mother Nature first tried to remove Riddle like a festering zit from the face of Florida with a tornado.. The small flight school I instructed at loaned them a few of our 172's after a desperate call from them... They didn't want to miss a chance to bill Johnny and Susie's parents
for one less tick of the hobbs meter..

Anyways I was tasked with shuttling our planes to Daytona and then enduring the flight back with some of their "finest"

As we crossed over/around Orlando International each time.. here's some of the comments that just seem to epitomize recent grads:

"It's just seems stupid they make you instruct for so long before you get hired at a regional, i'm not gonna know anything more then than I know now"
(then he missed a radio call)

when I asked the other one about the cost of tuition:

"Pretty soon everyone at an airline will be competing with someone from Riddle for a job.. then you'll know what the extra money is for"

"i'd feel safer knowing someone from ERAU was flying my family"
(another missed radio call)

and my personal favorite was when i was in the back seat on the last flight home when one said to the other:

"so did you end up hooking up with that fat chick?"

Ha ha ha ha

So.....................................did he??

Secondly...all of you Riddle haters...I don't quite understand. Either you went there...didn't like it. I'd ask, then why didn't you transfer out. OR...you wanted to go but didn't get accepted and ofcourse now you'll talk smack.

Take a look in the mirror. That's the reason people hate riddle aces. Flying used to be for men who so tough they couldn't keep all of their girlfriends in one town. Now it's for boys who argue about whether the CRJ or ERJ is "better looking", whether UND or ERAU is "better education" (they're technical schools. It's not an "education", it's a trade. It's like being a plumber), and what might be under those fascinating "skirts" women wear.

At least UND is in top 500 university as university standing not specific major ranking.
If you ask any non-aviation person about ERAU, they say "what kinda stupid school name is that?"
Don't get wrong if you are Riddle grad. I give respects to Riddle grads.

I still don't understand why some guys who never attended ERAU feel the need to bash it. I transferred there from a large Pac 10 university and had a great time. The education was so much better at Riddle, the campus was nice, the classes were small, the professors were good, and people actually showed up for class everyday.
I didn't encounter many of the so-called stuck up "Riddle brats" either. The vast majority of students there were really nice people. They came from all over the place; many were from other countries, so I really got to experience personalities from other cultures too. It was great!
The fact is that you get what you pay for and ERAU definitely provided a superior education than the other university I attended did.

I'll never understand why some pilots feel superior to others because they managed to spend less money on their college. Do you honestly think lawyers and doctors go around mocking their coworkers for paying higher tuition to go to Harvard or Yale when they could have gotten the same job by attending the University of Michigan or Texas?
I doubt it.

I really can't complain. I've made some lifelong friends from my time there, and as a direct result of that, I got hired to fly an MD-80 in about 4 years of professional aviation.

The fact is that you get what you pay for and ERAU definitely provided a superior education than the other university I attended did.

Perhaps that other university taught basic english usage and grammar. You know. The stuff you should have learned in high school. What bunch of ($&#$(* peasants we suffer in the aviation field today. No wonder management has contempt for us. Clearly, you got what you "paid for", Riddle-Aces. God save us all.

PS. You're a plumber. Your "education" is a tick on a computer screen. You know it, we know it. You're a technician. You're a cog.

post deleted

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back