I was ashamed of my school for the first time yesterday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

I was ashamed of Embry-Riddle for the first time yesterday when I saw a HoJets pilot walking through IAD with an Embry-Riddle lanyard on. With all the ********************ty things about that school I was never dissapointed until yesterday. You would think for $100k someone would teach these kids what this company is and has done. If there are any current ERAU students that don't know what this company has done PM me and I will give you a lesson that won't cost you hundreds of dollars.

Did you say anything to him?

Did you say anything to him?

Agreed, It shouldn't have been that hard to go up to this person, introduce yourself as a fellow alum, shake his hand and then proceed to educate him.

Just sincerely and straight faced tell him you are embarrassed for him. Then give him your card and tell him if he wants help alleviating his situation (getting out of there as fast as possible) that he can give you a call anytime.

Trust me, this will make more of a statement than missed hotel vans or mumbled insults ever could.

Don't feel bad $$$$, I'm sure he was thinkin' the same thing about you.

It seems to me like the same kind of person that would spend $100k on flight training is the kind of person who would go to GoJets...

I'm not surprised at all

The day I realized how big of a scam Riddle was, sometime during my junior year of HS, I felt horrible about how many times I told "real pilots" flying 727/757s where my mom worked, I am going to "Embry Widdles."

To answer your question. Yes I did stop and introduce myself and edjucate him. Well I tried anyway. (He didn't seem to care). As I said there is a lot that sucks about the school (i get it), but I was never ashamed of it. I had a great time there and a lot of great people come out of the school, but this guy is the reason we have a bad name.

. You would think for $100k someone would teach these kids .

You'd think for 100K they'd find out themselves... then again it probably isn't thier 100K....

Oh the quagmire! The Humanity!!!

p.s... not sure if the rest of us were ever ashamed of Riddle... but we've always wondered .......why!!

Latest resources

Back