Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JWilliams

Wanna-be gunfighter
Maybe it's just because I'm a newb to these forums but why is everyone so critical of ERAU?

I have always thought (though I don't recall, now that I think of it, any of my friends that are pilots recommended going there) that was one of the best ways to get a job as an airline pilot.

Isn't an aviation degree looked well upon by the personnel office in most airlines?

I obviously didn't expect to get a job flying left seats for a 747 right out of graduation, maybe most graduates do and that is why people poke fun.

Please, fill me in so I can point my finger and laugh too.

JWilliams said:
Maybe it's just because I'm a newb to these forums but why is everyone so critical of ERAU?
I obviously didn't expect to get a job flying left seats for a 747 right out of graduation, maybe most graduates do and that is why people poke fun.

Please, fill me in so I can point my finger and laugh too.

Lots, not all, ERAU grads come out with a sense of entitlement. That's part of the problem

It's simple

JWilliams said:

They hate us for our freedom.

I think before it's over with, we're all going to be lamenting the missing of a bus sooner or later.

Having gone to Riddle Diddle, I've seen a myriad of personalities from the Maverick-God's gift to aviation type, to the humble kid from the mid west just wanted to hurry up and get his ratings.....but guess what...I saw that same at a po-dunk flight school across the street, at Purdue, UND and big name pilot producers like Regional Airline Acad, ATP and Comair Acad....

The difference is the name, period. Riddle grads don't walk out with magical powers (contrary to popular beleif), the stick jockeys who think they are great because they have a very expensive degree that may give invisible bonus points on a application (that point can be argued) ruin it for the other 95% of the people who aren't jack a**...so in other words, some may be jealous of the name, the hate the 5% who are a-holes or they have no other wagon to jump on other than the "riddle basher" one

Don't get me wrong, would have loved a "animal house" kind of college experience, but wouldn't trade my $**,*** education for anything...

I guess....but i could be wrong, cause I'm Riddle

Last edited:
I flew at an airport with some douchebag who kept talking about going to the USNA, hahaha, then when the congressman didn't like his loudmouth rear he went to Riddle. I believe hes back here at the local junior college now.

So much for wearing $100 Ray Bans, a WW2 Bomber Jacket, and having more flying sh1t than a elephant on parade.

I think it's the whole "Flight Team" thing. And they (read: many of their group) think they know it all with 500 hours under their belts...TC

Speaking of the bomber jacket and stuff.....the other day at a local flight school I saw a kid in 70 degree heat wear the brown leather pilot jacket, with the already added bomber squadron patches, the huge bug-eye tom cruise aviation glasses and was actually using "roger that" and "affirmative" for EVERY type of positive response....and the kicker, he MAY have had 30 hours under his belt in a C-152, do any of you guys see these types around? or is it just the pilot saturated hurricane magnet of Florida that attracts these characters?

FlynChick said:
Speaking of the bomber jacket and stuff.....the other day at a local flight school I saw a kid in 70 degree heat wear the brown leather pilot jacket, with the already added bomber squadron patches, the huge bug-eye tom cruise aviation glasses and was actually using "roger that" and "affirmative" for EVERY type of positive response....and the kicker, he MAY have had 30 hours under his belt in a C-152, do any of you guys see these types around? or is it just the pilot saturated hurricane magnet of Florida that attracts these characters?
Those guys don't always come out of the "A" schools of aviation.

Why is everyone so critical of Riddle? Well that is a riddle.. :)

Latest resources

Back