Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlynChick said:
VNugget said:
Yeah, the notion that someone getting a 4 year college degree in aviation would learn something as esoteric and superfluous as the lift equation is completely ridiculous! QUOTE]

Quick Question, regardless of whether or not you think aviation should/can be stretched into a 4 year degree, WHAT exactly do you think 120 credit hours worth of stuff should cover, just the "vanilla" of flying? Somepeople have to carry this "useless" knowledge on, engineers, scientists, pilots (not all, as we've already discussed).

Maybe its because I took the courses with all the equations that I see the point in learning it. If you knew about the degree you would know that all the aviation univ go a bit in depth in most areas, (hence expression, "jack of all trades")....do you expect all BS degrees to not go into detail about its trade? Pick up any book on aerodynamics, and whether they mention Laws specifically or not, guess what....its based off geeky formulas that wind tunnel lab rats figured out and give to us pilots in a digestive state. Personally i would think its sad if any aviation degree DIDN'T go into detail, takes the point away of majoring in it.

And sweetie, formulas and physics isn't an arcane concept, or esoteric as you said, maybe its just YOU that can't comprehend it, or maybe you've never even tried.

Whereas you can learn the lift equation in school... they just don't teach sarcasm anymore ;)

FN FAL said:
No, the moon is pretty and I'd thought I'd do my obligatory "we are the world" sing a long. Sorry! :)

Hahahaha....no problem. I think I had one to many margaritas last night.

FN FAL said:
Not that knowing how planes fly and how the ATC system works isn't important, what I would like to know is this...

How come aviation universities don't reqiure at least one or two classes on unions and the history of labor.

Not saying that pilots aren't smart cookies, but it would be nice to see that those who wind up in airline unions don't run about thinking that outsourcing and competition in a global economy didn't start with them.

I don't know about the others, but I know ERAU does incorporate that into one of it's classes, we don't divide it into multiple classes because there are too many subjects to cover to divote more than one on it

Latest resources

Back