I soloed today!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DJS said:
Congrats!!! Savor those emotions. I still smile at the memories of the "Woohoo!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I rose above the treetops...the first time, the small pit that formed in my stomach on the downwind leg when it really hit home that there was no one in the right seat to save me if I screwed up...
That's funny, it was my turn to fly the right seat this week. The guy I flew with said the same thing. :eek:

'Sled

Congrats, just think if you become an instructor you'll get to have that feeling of accomplishment all over again when you send your first student up solo. I remember sending my first student as a CFI for their trips around the patch as vividly as I remember my first solo as a student pilot. Blue skies

Way to go buddy and welcome to the proud ranks! From here on out it's nothing but ratings and headaches enjoy the feeling, I still remember mine.

As far as the shirt tail thing goes, this is how I heard it. When it's time for the baby bird to leave the nest, the Momma picks it up by it's tail feathers and drops it out. Sometimes some of the tail feathers come off, hence the bottom of the shirt. Or it could all just be a load of crap.

Regardless great job! You've got a great adventure ahead that few dare tackle!

Counselair:D

Congrats!!!!

I was at 12.5 when I soloed also. It all depends on your ability, confidence, communications skills, AND your CFI!!!

The non-institution flight schools seem to allow students to solo eariler from what I have seen.

Congrats!!!! Where in Daytona are you?? I am starting next week at Riddle...

hi everyone!!! thanks for the kind words :) i made a boo-boo, i acutally soloed with 11.5 hours, and i added the other hour for my solo (.5 dual, and my first .5 solo/PIC time). regardless, the feeling was superb!! i'm glad that i'm doing this part 61 so that i can keep going at such a hard pace. my goal is to be a private pilot in less than a month from now (in the safest and most prepared way, of course). my solo cross-country is slated for this coming thursday/friday, depending on wx, mx, and the strength of the yen vs. the dollar.

gkrangers, i'll do my best to have my pvt before you get down here to be your safety pilot (do i need a ME rating?) and C172gal05, i am in south daytona beach, just a few miles from Riddle, though "your kind" are always coming over to EVB for pattern work. if you want to meet up, just pm me and we can arrange something :).

kream and gkrangers, sorry about the avatar. i just got the internet in my apartment tonight, so i'll be on a quest to find a new avatar soon. your complaining has finally paid dividends :rolleyes:

safe flying, everyone!!!

gkrangers said:
Multi Engine...eh, no. We'll stick to Epics SPs for now.

Where are you taking your XC? SGJ? GNV? COI?
i haven't the foggiest where i'm going yet. i've yet to even do any dual XC, let alone start thinking about my solo. though i was thinking maybe ORD, JFK, maybe EWK. those are far enough away, right? :rolleyes:

also, gkrangers, have you been out to epic in the past two weeks? is it possible you and i have crossed paths and didn't know it?

Latest resources

Back