• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
congrats

well done

now change that blasted avitar!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

I somewhere remember reading-hearing that the shirt cutting would take place in an aircraft with front-back seating (ie cub) and the instructor in the back would cut the shirt around the seat while the student was in front paying close attention to flying....something like that anyway.

I soloed 15 years ago in August. I just had my tail, my first medical/student pilot certificate and the little congratulations ad the flight school ran in the local paper professionally framed and put it on my office wall.

Congratulations.

Congratulations, You will have many more milestones in your flying career enjoy them all. There is nothing better than the feeling you get when you accomplish something so few people have.

Congratulations! Never forget the day, nor the feeling. Try to burn in your memory what you thought when your instructor stepped out of the plane. I still remember the words my instructor said to me, and I use them with my students to this day.

Retain in your memory the feeling you had when the plane lifted off, when you came in for your first landing. These are feelings that will stay with you forever.

Remember the date as well. Each year you can celebrate it, similar to a birthday.

Go over each detail in your mind, it will be something that you will want to remember in the future.

Such an accomplishment is very well worth preserving!

Last edited:
Fly_Chick said:
Congratulations! Never forget the day, nor the feeling. Try to burn in your memory what you thought when your instructor stepped out of the plane. I still remember the words my instructor said to me!

mine said "gimme your logbook"

then he got out, started walking, took a few steps, came back to grab his headset and said just in case then smiled

it was all in good fun tho

Congrats!!! Savor those emotions. I still smile at the memories of the "Woohoo!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I rose above the treetops alone for the first time, the small pit that formed in my stomach on the downwind leg when it really hit home that there was no one in the right seat to save me if I screwed up, and the sense of accomplishment pulling up to the gas pumps after 3 successful T&G's.

So far, the only thing in my flying experience that beats the feeling I got from soloing was the DE turning to me, shaking my hand and saying, "Congratulations" after my private checkride.

Latest resources

Back