• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I soloed today!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
early september? at this rate, i'll be a captain in the airlines by then!!!!! :D

cforst513 said:
i haven't the foggiest where i'm going yet. i've yet to even do any dual XC, let alone start thinking about my solo. though i was thinking maybe ORD, JFK, maybe EWK. those are far enough away, right? :rolleyes:

Best laugh I had all night. Don't forget to stop in ERW, IAD, ATL on your way back. And toss in a nice private grass strip for experience.

Fly_Chick said:
Best laugh I had all night. Don't forget to stop in ERW, IAD, ATL on your way back. And toss in a nice private grass strip for experience.

...if you need progressive, don't hesitate to ask...

Ya made me go to the boxes and hunt. That is hunt for my original log book. Solo was June 4th. Forty three years ago. God ya make me feel old..........Sixteen. Those were without a doubt, the best years of my life. Flight was a dream come true, and **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** was a fantisy to be fullfilled........If I could live it over again, I would. Sitting under an old walnut tree watching the arrival of a Luscombe, or 120, or Champ, or Swift, or Stinson, or Chief, or Taylorcraft, or J3, or Aircoupe, or 170, or
Super Cruiser, or UPF-7, or Stearman, or T-50, or god forbid, an Apache, I would go back in a heart beat. The old walnut tree is still there. The thrill is not. BUT I am sure that the thrill of the first solo is. Grab it and run.

www.bdkingpress.com

Last edited:
Ah, the first solo

Congrats!!!

The first solo is definitely something to always remember (unless you screw it up and snap the nose gear like a friend of mine).
I can relive the memory anytime I want, my father and a friend of mine showed up with video camera in hand and videotaped the whole thing.

Have fun and be safe.....

My first solo in a Luscombe on Feb 8, 1971 on a grass airstrip with 7.5 hours. Soloed my wife first time she refused to do it, next day she soloed and did just fine. Congrates now you have to go and find some cheap fuel.

man flechas, i was wondering if you had fallen off the face of the earth! wasn't sure if i would hear from you again. i was supposed to do my first dual XC to gainesville, FL today but the alternator in the 172R went out, so i am plane-less til tomorrow at 5 pm. i guess we're going to do a local night XC, which will be my first night experience. they got me flying so much, i love it!!! this is the first maintenance problem i've had, but i've had several weather-related free days. they have had trouble recently with the alternator and 'serviced' it before one of my flights, but it was completely dead this morning. better that they catch it before i leave the ground, right? my instructor had me penciled in for my XC-solo late this week, but it might get pushed back due to the recent delays. he's got me on the schedule for 6 hours of flying on the 4th of july!!!! which is fine with me b/c i still don't know a soul here!

Hey C what's up man, I've been working a lot. I'm glad you are having a great time!!

I'll be in Daytona tomorrow untill wednesday, let me know if you wanna have a few cold ones.

Latest resources

Back