Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iflewjetz said:
Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.

RJ?????????????????????

I "think" people see RJ as the CRJ700

Of course E170 and up are not

KeroseneSnorter said:
klhoard,

You really didn't know???
Well, I just figured that at this point, you guys would know how to get around the domestic system. . . . even in a new jet. . . .

klhoard said:
Well, I just figured that at this point, you guys would know how to get around the domestic system. . . . even in a new jet. . . .

Its an FAA requirement bonehead.

cgmason1 said:
Its an FAA requirement bonehead.
Well, that's rude. Did they have to demo cleaning the cabin to the FAA also??

KLHOARD, It just an FAA requirement. Kind of like telling red from white on the PAPI's so you don't fly into trees, or making crosswind landings without your feet on the brakes. You know simple stuff like that.

So one dimensional- Hey Kettle...

klhoard said:

I was just surprised that someone with 12k hours flying in the 121 system would not know that the Feds required proving runs for new equipment.

I have noticed that training we receive at 121 carriers is being stripped down more every year. As a group we tend to focus on the RJ operators as being ill trained and informed(not a jab at the pilots, just the training they receive from the RJ factories. Should be more than that of the majors due to the very low times being hired into jets now). However I am seeing more of it in the big iron as well. To be honest, I do not remember if I was ever "taught" that particular reg or I read it on my own. I just thought something that basic to 121 ops was common knowledge.

Something that maybe we all need to pay more attention to. For instance I do not remember the last time I had any instruction in high altitude performance issues in recurrent or basic indoc. I had it years ago in school and with my first airline. But I wonder how many new pilots are coming through and flying jets that have never been exposed to it?

Last edited:
Wow, you guys sure are touchy about this. . . You're starting to hurt my feelings!!!
BTW K.S.- I got another 10,000 hours last week. I just didn't update my FlightInfo.com profile. . .

Iflewjetz said:
Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.

What the he!! do you think that F100 you flew was?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Naw its just the repetition. It is just tired and weak. Kind of like asking the FEDEX guys to post on the cargo board instead of the majors board, talk about sensitive.

One cheap shot deserves another.

Latest resources

Back