I Saw JetBlue in Charlotte (CLT) last week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflewjetz

I cant remember what day it was last week but I was preflighting my airplane when a JetBlue EMB-170 landed on runway 23. It was like looking at the sun, you just couldnt stop staring. Has JetBlue started CLT service or were they just flying around in the new airplane for fun, er I mean training.

There was indeed a JetBlue plane in CLT last week, though it was an
E190, not an E170. That particular aircraft was on a proving run between JFK and Florida, when the Fed on board presented the crew with an "emergency" that required a diversion. The Captain is an ex-USAirways chap who knows CLT very well, so he elected to divert there. It was not planned, rather just an exercise that is part of the proving runs.

Skirt

If you saw one of our aircraft, it would probably have been the 190 (we don't have the 170). It is currently doing proving runs, though I don't know exactly where they are running them right now. I do know we don't serve CLT....yet.

JBFlyer said:
If you saw one of our aircraft, it would probably have been the 190 (we don't have the 170). It is currently doing proving runs, though I don't know exactly where they are running them right now. I do know we don't serve CLT....yet.

What date is the estimate for starting E190 service? Is it mid November?

skirt said:
There was indeed a JetBlue plane in CLT last week, though it was an
E190, not an E170. That particular aircraft was on a proving run between JFK and Florida, when the Fed on board presented the crew with an "emergency" that required a diversion. The Captain is an ex-USAirways chap who knows CLT very well, so he elected to divert there. It was not planned, rather just an exercise that is part of the proving runs.

Skirt
Proving runs. . . for domestic flying???
What exactly do you have to prove???

klhoard said:
Proving runs. . . for domestic flying???
What exactly do you have to prove???

It's a FAA requirement for any new aircraft type added to the fleet. Every airline has to go through this process.

Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.

Latest resources

Back