• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

I Saw JetBlue in Charlotte (CLT) last week

Iflewjetz

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Posts
179
Total Time
7000+
I cant remember what day it was last week but I was preflighting my airplane when a JetBlue EMB-170 landed on runway 23. It was like looking at the sun, you just couldnt stop staring. Has JetBlue started CLT service or were they just flying around in the new airplane for fun, er I mean training.
 

skirt

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Posts
201
Total Time
7000+
There was indeed a JetBlue plane in CLT last week, though it was an
E190, not an E170. That particular aircraft was on a proving run between JFK and Florida, when the Fed on board presented the crew with an "emergency" that required a diversion. The Captain is an ex-USAirways chap who knows CLT very well, so he elected to divert there. It was not planned, rather just an exercise that is part of the proving runs.

Skirt
 

JBFlyer

Active member
Joined
Aug 4, 2005
Posts
41
Total Time
8000+
If you saw one of our aircraft, it would probably have been the 190 (we don't have the 170). It is currently doing proving runs, though I don't know exactly where they are running them right now. I do know we don't serve CLT....yet.
 

On Your Six

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Posts
4,509
Total Time
9,500
JBFlyer said:
If you saw one of our aircraft, it would probably have been the 190 (we don't have the 170). It is currently doing proving runs, though I don't know exactly where they are running them right now. I do know we don't serve CLT....yet.

What date is the estimate for starting E190 service? Is it mid November?
 

klhoard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
766
Total Time
32000+
skirt said:
There was indeed a JetBlue plane in CLT last week, though it was an
E190, not an E170. That particular aircraft was on a proving run between JFK and Florida, when the Fed on board presented the crew with an "emergency" that required a diversion. The Captain is an ex-USAirways chap who knows CLT very well, so he elected to divert there. It was not planned, rather just an exercise that is part of the proving runs.

Skirt
.
.
.
Proving runs. . . for domestic flying???
.
.
.
What exactly do you have to prove???
.
.
.
 

fifty30retard

Forgiven
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Posts
312
Total Time
10g's
klhoard said:
.
.
.
Proving runs. . . for domestic flying???
.
.
.
What exactly do you have to prove???
.
.
.

It's a FAA requirement for any new aircraft type added to the fleet. Every airline has to go through this process.
 

Iflewjetz

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Posts
179
Total Time
7000+
Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.
 

EMB170Pilot

Banned
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Posts
1,576
Total Time
1
Iflewjetz said:
Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.

RJ?????????????????????

I "think" people see RJ as the CRJ700

Of course E170 and up are not
 

klhoard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
766
Total Time
32000+
KeroseneSnorter said:
klhoard,

You really didn't know???
.
.
.
Well, I just figured that at this point, you guys would know how to get around the domestic system. . . . even in a new jet. . . .
.
.
.
 

cgmason1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
235
Total Time
10000+
klhoard said:
.
.
.
Well, I just figured that at this point, you guys would know how to get around the domestic system. . . . even in a new jet. . . .
.
.
.

Its an FAA requirement bonehead.
 

klhoard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
766
Total Time
32000+
cgmason1 said:
Its an FAA requirement bonehead.
.
.
.
Well, that's rude. Did they have to demo cleaning the cabin to the FAA also??
.
.
.
 

Nado

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Posts
96
Total Time
5000
KLHOARD, It just an FAA requirement. Kind of like telling red from white on the PAPI's so you don't fly into trees, or making crosswind landings without your feet on the brakes. You know simple stuff like that.

So one dimensional- Hey Kettle...
 

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Posts
1,530
Total Time
Miller
klhoard said:
.
.
.
Well, I just figured that at this point, you guys would know how to get around the domestic system. . . . even in a new jet. . . .
.
.
.

I was just surprised that someone with 12k hours flying in the 121 system would not know that the Feds required proving runs for new equipment.

I have noticed that training we receive at 121 carriers is being stripped down more every year. As a group we tend to focus on the RJ operators as being ill trained and informed(not a jab at the pilots, just the training they receive from the RJ factories. Should be more than that of the majors due to the very low times being hired into jets now). However I am seeing more of it in the big iron as well. To be honest, I do not remember if I was ever "taught" that particular reg or I read it on my own. I just thought something that basic to 121 ops was common knowledge.

Something that maybe we all need to pay more attention to. For instance I do not remember the last time I had any instruction in high altitude performance issues in recurrent or basic indoc. I had it years ago in school and with my first airline. But I wonder how many new pilots are coming through and flying jets that have never been exposed to it?
 
Last edited:

klhoard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
766
Total Time
32000+
.
.
.
Wow, you guys sure are touchy about this. . . You're starting to hurt my feelings!!!
.
.
.
BTW K.S.- I got another 10,000 hours last week. I just didn't update my FlightInfo.com profile. . .
.
.
.
 

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Posts
2,177
Total Time
>0;<1
Iflewjetz said:
Sorry,

I meant to say the 190. Mid atlantic is the one with the 170's. It was a beautiful airplane. Although it is hard for me, an ex US Airways F100 pilot to see an rj with 100 seats.


What the he!! do you think that F100 you flew was?


PHXFLYR:cool:
 

Nado

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Posts
96
Total Time
5000
Naw its just the repetition. It is just tired and weak. Kind of like asking the FEDEX guys to post on the cargo board instead of the majors board, talk about sensitive.

One cheap shot deserves another.
 
Top