I need a hug...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flic1 said:
Great post! Lets face it, as the airlines are going down the tubes, so is the professionalism and the attitudes. ....

OK... so lets take it to the next level.... sport bitchin' is one thing, but DOING something about it is another....

What defines professionalism and attitude? The wx? Paychecks? Advancement? (I'll be professional when they upgrade me) Does one wake up and say "I sure hope it is sunny outside, I want to be in a good mood today.

Or does one define their own code and stick to it?

Hint: it is ok to wonder from the flock and generate your own thoughts. At first it is a little scary, wondering what the rest of the flock will think about you. And if you can manage without the flock. But emancipation is a wonderful thing. Then something called Free Will happens.

Last edited:
Whew! Thanks for the laugh. You write like Dave Barry. Maybe you should write a humor column to supplement your meager pilot pittance. ;)

It sucks to be weged in between the fatties, or old people who keep sneezing thier old folks plauge on you. Worse are the kids kicking the chair all the flight, whike there parents dont bother to teach them how to behave. I guess its all part of the human condition. And then there are the rare flights where you actuly get to sit next to someone interesting and/ or hot which is great.

My personal fav...wedged in 15B between two genetic lottery also-rans, earplugs in, questions answered (Are you a pilot? when I'm wearing epaulets, tie, nametag, and AirCrew ID) I drift off to sleep the sleep of the commuter, when suddenly...

BANG, my head is flying forward as if shot from a trebuchet. Turns out that fattie behind me in 16B, unable to stand under his own power, needs my seatback to lumber to full height. When the leverage is no longer required, he releases my setback, under tension. It flies forward, and upon reaching its forward stop, my head's inertia wrenches me out of slumber.

Latest resources

Back