I need a hug...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flic1 said:
Great post! I think you hit the nail on the head on all points but you did forget the part about the 22 year old pilots with the gelled, spiky hair and long sideburns!! I saw a guy last week and I thought one of the Gotti kids got a job as an RJ FO! Lets face it, as the airlines are going down the tubes, so is the professionalism and the attitudes. It has become an absolute nightmare to fly as a passenger anymore....

you are right I guess all us young'ns should get grow a chester molester moustache, get a hard over side part and topgun edition sunglasses. Get with the times gramps! its ok to update your immage with the current day in age! professionalism is how you act as well as look. Go grab a coffee and kick your FO I think your clearence is up.

oldskoolbronco2 said:
you are right I guess all us young'ns should get grow a chester molester moustache, get a hard over side part and topgun edition sunglasses. Get with the times gramps! its ok to update your immage with the current day in age! professionalism is how you act as well as look. Go grab a coffee and kick your FO I think your clearence is up.

Nice.....they probably want us to use a leash for our sunglasses too. LMAO @ the chester molester moustache...holy shioot that is quality.

Flic1 said:
Great post! I think you hit the nail on the head on all points but you did forget the part about the 22 year old pilots with the gelled, spiky hair and long sideburns!! I saw a guy last week and I thought one of the Gotti kids got a job as an RJ FO!
there you go. I noticed on COPS the other day, that young NJ cops are tatooing their names or their street names on their neck just above the collar. When will we be seeing this fad at the regionals?

Professionalism isn't something you BUY....in other words I don't care how much money you make, your attitude and the way you handle yourself speaks volumes about how you are being "brought up" in this business.

One year upgrades and the fast advancement has left the industry in shambles.

I can only imagine the sh#$% I would have received from a Captain in the early days of my career if I showed up with black tennis shoes on, blue dockers, my ray bans, long sideburns, and my backpack.

I think he would have kicked my A$$.

A350

when i was commuting to work the other day i was in an e-jet going to phl and it was a very comfortable ride i was very impressed with peoples remarks on its comfort. but the size of the seat isn't much when you have a biggie next to you cramming you against the window. don't you think biggies should have to buy two tickets or just drive.

mav

Nothing is better than when you are awaken by constant taps on the shoulder, you look over at the person and they ask you, what state do you think we are over. Or how much longer do you think the flight will be. LOOK LADY IT IS A 2 HOUR FLIGHT, WE HAVE BEEN IN THE AIR 1 HOUR, YOU DO THE MATH AND LET ME GO BACK TO SLEEP.

A350 said:
Professionalism isn't something you BUY....in other words I don't care how much money you make, your attitude and the way you handle yourself speaks volumes about how you are being "brought up" in this business.

One year upgrades and the fast advancement has left the industry in shambles.

I can only imagine the sh#$% I would have received from a Captain in the early days of my career if I showed up with black tennis shoes on, blue dockers, my ray bans, long sideburns, and my backpack.

I think he would have kicked my A$$.

A350

I see things through a little bit different spectrum to when it ocmes to the younger guys. These are the folks that tuck in the just the fronts of their shirts into their pants and and call it cool, or buy jeans with holes in them. Hell they are wearing apnts that my parents wore... BELL-BOTTOMS! So far as the cocky attitudes go, there seems to be an abundance of those too. But.....

All these guys will say the same thing one day about the new kids coming up. These are the same things those-who-went-before-us said about us.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in
place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the
servants of their households. They no longer rise when
elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates

I guess the more things change, the more they stay they same.
So before you trash the young guys to much, remeber, we were all
there at one point. I just lost it a bit more quicker since I
was playing Army at that time.

TiredOfTeaching said:
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in
place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the
servants of their households. They no longer rise when
elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates
I call BS....I watched Bill and Ted 6 times and don't remember Socrates (So-Crates) saying that...:)

Latest resources

Back