• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I must be the STUPID CMR pilot.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Type IV because of forecast enroute icing, but who really gives a crap if its VFR out, you don't have to deice

VFR or current wx conditions to some extent really has no bearing on deicing an aircraft...if the plane has ice on it, it must be de-iced. Most 121 operators use the clean aircraft concept. So in some scenerios the plane could ice up enroute land at an airport that has good weather and require de-icing.

JPAustin said:
Seriously, was there really some "expert" ranting and raving about some crew deicing when said "expert" felt there was no need to? I can understand and laugh at the summer time stories (or exagerations) of receiving Type IV because of forecast enroute icing, but who really gives a crap if its VFR out, you don't have to deice, but the crew at the next gate feels the need to for whatever reason? Sheesh (golly!).

Heh heh, yeah. Check this out.

3000 hours of seneca time is pretty good, i got 375 in a seneca in florida and look at me now.

Jack Mehoff said:
To me I would rather trust a "kid" (with 3000 hrs of FL seneca time) that flys part 121 opps 4 days a week following procedures. Then an over a over confident jack @ss that flys once or twice a month in a jet and thinks hes god.

Not taking sides here, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence by trying to compare the demands of corporate and airline operations. Having done both I can honestly say that the corporate side is much more demanding. I saw just as many cowboys not following procedures in the airlines as in corporate and if you think flying in and out of the same 7000 ft. runways daily is more difficult than not knowing where in the world you are going to go from one minute to the next you're out of your mind. :rolleyes:

imacdog said:
How much experience does it take? See ice on the airframe, call for deice. Not that hard.

Because if you have 5000 hours and experience flying a Gulfstream like he does, you become an expert on how to fly with the ice still on the airplane. That is until you run off of the runway somewhere. :rolleyes:

Well STUPID COMAIR PILOT. Let me just say I'd much rather me and my family be on your airplane than on some idiots who feels the need to question something another crew is doing. Good job and F that guy!

h25b said:
Not taking sides here, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence by trying to compare the demands of corporate and airline operations. Having done both I can honestly say that the corporate side is much more demanding. I saw just as many cowboys not following procedures in the airlines as in corporate and if you think flying in and out of the same 7000 ft. runways daily is more difficult than not knowing where in the world you are going to go from one minute to the next you're out of your mind. :rolleyes:

Corporate ops = more demanding. I agree (having also been involved in both). Corporate ops following the rules......aka part 91........right man.

h25b said:

Also having done both, I haven't seen half as many cowboys at my airline as I did flying corporate.

Last edited:
Skyboy's obviously someone who'd argue that the sky wasn't blue just for the sport of it. :rolleyes:

Since he can't understand the point here's one more try. IDIOTS EXIST IN EVERY FACET OF AVIATION. It's ridiculous to try and submit there are greater concentrations in one area or another.

But I'm sure he'll be back along telling me I'm wrong somehow.

Latest resources

Back