Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I love this story so much I am copying it from anotherForum for your viewing pleasure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought it was funny in a sorry way, kind of like when the wino falls down an open manhole. This industry is so phukked up the government, the people who brought us the TSA are getting involved. The same government that completely missed the collapse of the Berlin wall and ensuing collapse of the Soviet Union. I do like poop and fart jokes too.
PBR

I do like poop and fart jokes too.
PBR

Let me see if I've got this right - you like poop. You also like fart jokes. Sounds like someone needs a visit to the therapist! :D [I keed, I keed!]

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand I find the Captain's solution to this dilemma rather creative, and yet rather unprofessional. I give partial credit for the response.

At the same time, the phrase "You pay peanuts, you get monkeys" comes to mind (and I'm not just referring to monetary compensation, but overall respect for the profession from management). While not condoning the course of action selected by said individual; when you are repeatedly told (by management, in many ways) that you are of slightly less value than a cashier at McDonalds, why would he care what the passengers think? Are those passengers truly interested in his well being? Why should he give a darn if they make it to a business meeting or Aunt Tillie's birthday?

I know the answer to this - because we are professionals and that is our job, and that is correct. However (and again, not condoning this, just understanding where it comes from), when you are repeatedly told you aren't a professional, you are a balance sheet liability, we need to find someone who will do your job for less (even if less qualified), ad infinitum by your employer, eventually someone is going to start believing this and acting accordingly. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome.

The MORONS who run airlines need (along with a good a$$kicking) need to wake up and realize that if they don't want more and more incidents like this (even if apocryphal) then they need to hire professionals, treat them like professionals, compensate them as professionals, and hold them accountable as professionals. Until that happens, things will only continue to deteriorate.

nah, I believe he got caught and they fired him

P.S. hey homer, do u ever answer the phones? cause I have never gotten anything but the nicest folks on the other end of the line,

or do u just talk sh-t around here?

I do answer phones and take great pride in my work. In fact, I tried to help you out a few times in the past... But with all your WHINING it made it hard to want to go the extra mile and help you. Ask anyone that knows me, I have more respect for most pilots in my pinky than you have professionalism in your intire body. GROW UP AND ACT YOUR AGE FOR GODS SAKE!!!

We all do something like this at one point or another. But most of the time or professionalism wins out and we meet our responsibilities.

I have to laugh hysterically at this one. Not the posted story, but the posts about the postee. Homer-you crack me up dude. XXPO-bravo bravo, Walter-nice professional jab, Socalplt-oh, yeah!, Lance Uppercut- ***knockout*** ding-ding-ding-ding!!
Man in the Goo, I might be one of those nice people you talk of, but to remind you, you are building quite a reputation in/around OO offices.

Next time- just call in, say you're too tired and we'll transfer you over to the MOD. Be a man about it.

did I say it was me?

I mean I wish I could claim this one

No, it's just really bad that 6 of us know this is exactly the kind of stuff someone like you would do. I mean, you can't even let the Fizer thing go and that was how long ago?

Latest resources

Back