Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I love this story so much I am copying it from anotherForum for your viewing pleasure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jason, it was you. The company is gonna know it was you. They'll figure it out. You may have cancelled your ticket for the ride at OO with your post on this one. You're an embarassment to the OO pilot group as well as the company. Your VLA will become a permanent condition with any luck at all. At least you're not out there on the line at the moment.

Acouple of weeks ago we were in JFK, they had the congo line going. We called sched and informed them that we would not be taking an extension and that the line was over 2 1/2hrs and that we would time out, they said give it a shot. Well, as soon as we pulled on the taxi way we told the pax that the flight would not go but DELTA has said we have to stay in line and give it a shot. After 2 1/2 hrs we were #5, called sched and said were going back to the gate, they said hold so we went back to the gate, they finally came off hold and informed us ."we just talked to dispatch they can get u off #1", we said pax are already deplaning. The whole time in line we kept informing the pax that the flight would not go and that this was a DELTA decision not ours. Most of the pax were actually in good spirit about it by the end. Delta has become the worse in customer service these days

Last edited:
samballs,

You must be very proud. You and Jason should get together and try to strand passengers at the same time and then jumpseat together somewhere fun.

Wow. I thought this was the regional forum, not the managerial incompetence apologist lackey forum.

What I have a hard time respecting, however, is someone who blatantly dilly-dallys around, even allowing boarding, in attempt to time out instead of having the cajones to make the call.

There is no humor, but if he had called in fatigued, the situation would end the same except he would be docked the pay. The airline makes the rules, we just play by them. Blame the rulesmaker, not the player.

Latest resources

Back