Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just read AS may be adding SEA to Tampa, New Orleans, and Detroit!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that Alaska is not outsourcing all it's Detroit passengers to DAL, they have to do it themselves. Good for Alaska! Loss of pax for delta;)

Now that Alaska is not outsourcing all it's Detroit passengers to DAL, they have to do it themselves. Good for Alaska! Loss of pax for delta;)

I honesty don't know if many locals fly there. It's more of a connection hub from smaller cities in the NE and the Upper Midwest. Have you read about the cities woes? You won't have any connections there. MSP and ORD are different, more profitable Fortune 100 companies based at those cities. Good luck on your own in DTW.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I honesty don't know if many locals fly there. It's more of a connection hub from smaller cities in the NE and the Upper Midwest. Have you read about the cities woes? You won't have any connections there. MSP and ORD are different, more profitable Fortune 100 companies based at those cities. Good luck on your own in DTW.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are right, you don't know how many locals fly there. Alaska does! They see how many tickets they sell and then put on delta. Here is a hint, it's enough to do it themselves with a 737.

Alaska does not need luck, it has data.

Yes the city of Detroit is in serious financial trouble, but DTW serves far more than just the city of Detroit! DTW attracts pax as far east as London, Ontario to Grand Rapids, Saginaw to NW Ohio.

You are right, you don't know how many locals fly there. Alaska does! They see how many tickets they sell and then put on delta. Here is a hint, it's enough to do it themselves with a 737.

Alaska does not need luck, it has data.

Yeah, apparently they also know they can't fill some 737s intra Alaska anymore, now putting a bunch of Dashes up there. Sad. And they sure cut and ran away from some SEA to Mexico flights (nonstop CUN?). Btw, great route picking out of SLC...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Great news!

Alaska Airlines to Offer Local Beer Tasting on Q400 Flights in Alaska
Fairbanks' Silver Gulch Brewing & Bottling Co. will be available to sample beginning March 3

PR Newswire Alaska Airlines 2 hours ago
ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelers on Alaska Airlines flights between Anchorage and Fairbanks and Anchorage and Kodiak will soon enjoy an extra infusion of local flavor in the form of Silver Gulch Brewing & Bottling Co.'s Old 55 Pale Ale.

"Silver Gulch is a successful local business based in the Fairbanks area, and we're excited to offer their beer on our Q400 flights within Alaska," said Marilyn Romano, Alaska Airlines' regional vice president ? Alaska. "This continues our tradition of serving products made in the communities we proudly serve."

Passengers will have the opportunity to sample the moderately hopped, American-style pale ale free of charge beginning March 3, when Alaska Airlines introduces the Bombardier Q400 to the state of Alaska. The flights will be operated for Alaska Airlines by its sister carrier, Horizon Air. These flights will feature complimentary soft drinks, Starbucks coffee, Northwest wine and microbrews (for passengers 21 and older), and A la Cart planeside baggage service.

"Travelers are going to enjoy our popular pale ale," said Glenn Brady, president of Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling Co. "It's a really nice beer that has a broad appeal. It's going to enlighten a lot of people on what a craft beer can be, in terms of 'Well I never thought I'd enjoy that, but I did.' "

The brewery, which has locations in Anchorage and north of Fairbanks, will bottle the beer in stainless steel "Kleen Kanteens," which are lighter, stronger and more environmentally friendly than traditional glass bottles.

"The pale ale we serve to customers onboard our Q400 flights will be about as fresh as you can get," said Lisa Luchau, Alaska Airlines' director of onboard food and beverage. "It'll be bottled and packed every day."

Samples are about 6.5 ounces and will be offered to customers on flights operating after 11 a.m.

Travelers can pick up their very own Kleen Kanteens (or traditional glass growlers) filled with their favorite Silver Gulch beers at the brewery's restaurant in the C Concourse at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport or at the brewery and restaurant in Fox, Alaska.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes the city of Detroit is in serious financial trouble, but DTW serves far more than just the city of Detroit! DTW attracts pax as far east as London, Ontario to Grand Rapids, Saginaw to NW Ohio.

Not to mention Chicago is in pretty perilous financial straits also. A cities financial situation doesn't necessarily equate to lack of passengers.

Wait! Are you guys saying Detroit pax might not be from Detroit? Next thing you guys'll tell me is Denver pax aren't farmhands from the surrounding fields.

Wait! Are you guys saying Detroit pax might not be from Detroit? Next thing you guys'll tell me is Denver pax aren't farmhands from the surrounding fields.

Uhhhhhh, DTW is a HUB, meaning lots of flights come in and connect pax to other flights to other cities. Not everyone is from DTW itself, except MAYBE some on your future flights. Maybe. You guys cut the Cancun nonstop from SEA a couple years ago, could have reinstated it maybe, but instead are going nonstop to.....Detroit. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back