• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I have a financial plan for USA Jet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think your not seeing people agree with you on this thread Rotor for fear of retribution.
True. I admit it. I am concerned that PilotYip will come to my house and kick my dog, too. :(

Minh

Snakum said:
True. I admit it. I am concerned that PilotYip will come to my house and kick my dog, too. :(

Minh

Obviously you dont know how things are at JUS. Everyone there is on this forum. Most just watching, some choosing to roll the dice and chime in. But from what I understand, if you dont go along with the views of some of the "more frequent posters" that work for JUS and the "more frequent posters" know who you are, you could make your life just that little bit more uncomfortable over there. Just what Ive heard from those in the know.

Perhaps I should explain why I am both defending PilotYip based on my personal experience of the man, and why I am being a tad smart-@$$.

Concerning the long list of USAJet and PilotYip sins outlined above by a former employee of JUS ... I feel your pain. I really do, and I'm being serious. I already have a pretty good idea of the struggle and sacrifice required to make a living in an airplane and also of the huge gamble that such a leap entails. Contrary to public perception, professional piloting is a deal with the devil. I understand, and in some ways share, your frustration.

However, when reading the litany of transgressions, a thought began to grow in the back of my beady little pin head:

It sounds, to one degree or another, just like almost every single job I have held since I got out of college!

I seriously wonder if some here have ever had to work for a living outside of the military or aviation? There will always be things we detest, there will always be unfairness (perceived and real), and there will always be people with whom we just flat out clash. That's why it's called 'work'. All the other four-letter words were taken. I have put up with a whole lot worse that that mentioned, for a whole lot less money, doing something a whole lot less fun than flying (Engineering, Management, etc.).

I have a feeling that when I am finally being paid to fly an airplane (I'm seat-warming and training right now), I'm going to feel like I won the lottery and I'll be thankful and grateful even on the worst days. Because I have worked jobs outside of aviation that would drive a blind man crazy, and I've had to do it for a fraction of what some of you guys here make.

So count your blessings ... it can always be worse. :D

Minh
(PilotYip ... please don't kick my dog. :( )

Snakum said:
It sounds, to one degree or another, just like almost every single job I have held since I got out of college!

Arghhh!! You mentioned the words degree and college - now you've done it!

Snakum,

Very well said. I agree.

Part of the reason I feel so strongly on this issue is that I spent over 8 years flying freight off of YIP and I saw daily the little deals the butt-kissers would make with the higher-ups. Thats not sour grapes mind you,,,I got my lear type and ATP with 1575 hours TT in a 23 and flew a trip as captain that same day, and my Falcon type after that with 15 hours in that particular airplane. And if you ask any company I worked for they hated me because I simply REFUSED to be taken advantage of, OR cram my head up managements butt. What I disliked was the fakeness that people were willing to stoop to at that airport. It didnt matter alot of times if you could fly a good airplane or not. When I got to a place with a union it was like a dream come true. Every-one got a shot in seniority order wether you drank beer with the Chief Pilot or not (better drink beer with the check airman though,,,LOL). If there is a facet of aviation that TRULEY needs unionization, it is every friggin freight company on that airport.

Last edited:
Arghhh!! You mentioned the words degree and college - now you've done it!
ROFLMAO! :D

I really do understand how frustrating it must be for you pros. You sink SO much money into this iffy career track, and you have to constantly be on guard for changing situations (furloughs if you're airline, aircraft being sold if corporate, etc.) and must watch your health in order to maintain a Class 1 or 2, and you have a hundred other things that can derail your career in a split second. When I finally had the money to start training again I had to think long and hard about it. That's a lot of money and struggle and lost time with friends and family to see it all go up in smoke with one medical ... a downturn in the economy ... a strong crosswind catching you off guard ... etc.

But in the end, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't give it 110% one last time ... win or lose. And as I said, I've already worked in places that'd make Air Tahoma look like a Fortune 500 gig. :D

Minh

Snakum said:
ROFLMAO! :D

I really do understand how frustrating it must be for you pros. You sink SO much money into this iffy career track, and you have to constantly be on guard for changing situations (furloughs if you're airline, aircraft being sold if corporate, etc.) and must watch your health in order to maintain a Class 1 or 2, and you have a hundred other things that can derail your career in a split second. When I finally had the money to start training again I had to think long and hard about it. That's a lot of money and struggle and lost time with friends and family to see it all go up in smoke with one medical ... a downturn in the economy ... a strong crosswind catching you off guard ... etc.

But in the end, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't give it 110% one last time ... win or lose. And as I said, I've already worked in places that'd make Air Tahoma look like a Fortune 500 gig. :D

Minh

Snakum,

I just noticed that you are a wannabee,,,RUN,,,,DONT WALK,,,RUN AWAY FROM THIS INDUSTRY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. If you want to truly spoil your love of flying, then make it your profession. Trust me when I say that PILOTYIP is the severe minority that seems to be unfazed by the toll this job takes on you, your relationships and your sanity. I started very young,,,its all I know,,,if you are currently in another profession,,,STAY THERE. Go buy a Pitts and call it good. Do not believe the hype about future hiring booms, the "lifestyle" etc,,,etc. This job will take away everything else in your life, then you will end up being on forums like this for hours and hours, with over a 1000 posts,,,oops,,,you already have over that,,,never-mind.

Last edited:
Snakum, This is a pilot board, it does not deal with reality. It deals with a universe that rotates around being a pilot. The world does not work that way. Snakum, Listen to the force my boy. Hold steady and believe. There is coming hirng boom it will be here in June of 2007 those who hold true to their career aspirations will be able to make a living as a pilot. I consider a living as making close to $70K in 10 years from your first 135/121 job a decent living. College graduates with CPA's, Engineering degress often top out a $70K, so flying is a good living for someone doing something they like. You must pay your dues, we all have paid our dues, some in the military, some in 135 business, and some at the regionals. It is part of working your into almost any job. BTW I don't kick dogs,

pilotyip said:
Snakum, This is a pilot board, it does not deal with reality. It deals with a universe that rotates around being a pilot. The world does not work that way. Snakum, Listen to the force my boy. Hold steady and believe. There is coming hirng boom it will be here in June of 2007 those who hold true to their career aspirations will be able to make a living as a pilot. I consider a living as making close to $70K in 10 years from your first 135/121 job a decent living. College graduates with CPA's, Engineering degress often top out a $70K, so flying is a good living for someone doing something they like. You must pay your dues, we all have paid our dues, some in the military, some in 135 business, and some at the regionals. It is part of working your into almost any job. BTW I don't kick dogs,

Your thoughts betray you PILOTYIP,,,you show your age. 70K is average in the year 2005. If I would have put the time and effort into anything else i would have made more and not have had to deal with as many MORONS doing it.

I do not hide my age so I am really not giving anything away. That it is right and 70K in 10 years is only average and in 15 years after your first 135/121 job you will be close to $100K in today's dollars. That is you have the skills to get through the interview process, become the model employee, be thankful every day you come to work that you have job, and never say anything bad about your employer. It is a time proven method of long term employment. And if you do not like dealing with morons start your own company and you will find being a boss is much harder than flying an airplane. You will work more hours for less pay. It can be rewarding, but demanding. And there is a 80% chance you will not make it starting your company after 5 years.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back