I have a financial plan for USA Jet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tail Rotorhead

Fire pilotYIP only call it early retirement.

pilotYIP is one of the sneakiest, phoniest, backstabbing SCABS in all of aviation. He is notorious for stringing furlouged pilots along, telling them not to leave Michigan, not to look for other jobs because they will be called back before they know it. The pilots do what is asked of them, they want a job and they don't want to move again, so they wait and wait and wait for a phone call from this mustachioed bs artist. When call backs do finally come it is only for the select few that pilotYIP deems worthy. They do not follow a seniority list, they do not call everyone, just those that have significantly kissed butt or bought a pitcher of beer at his favorite dive hangout. There have been several pilots who have done as asked, waited for the call and when Randy is finally pushed to make some sort of decision he has actually gone from department to department asking for a character reference for the pilot in question before their re-employment will be considered. "You didn't say 'yes sir' to someone in flight following on March 2, demerit. You asked to come home for your child's first birthday party last year, demerit. You have a college degree and NO HELICOPTER TIME? Are you crazy? How did you ever end up here in the first place?" One poor soul actually attended a job fair Randy was attending in order to finally put him on the spot after waiting months for his call. Randy kept telling him, soon, soon. When he went to the job fair Randy told him to take the hint, we don't want you. Others have actually had to reinterview with the company they had worked for for 2 years and were laid off through no fault of their own. I have heard many a person wonder how Randy can sleep at night with they way he treats people. Randy is notorious for favortism, just ask any former helicopter pilots, and of course his son Andy, top of the food chain, low on time and senority. He is probably 99% of the reason the pilots continue to try and unionize. If he had just followed protocol and the seniority list I bet the idea of a union wouldn't have picked up as much steam as it has.

They learned their lesson with the last lay offs I guess because they had a hard time getting anyone to come back on line and they ended up hiring "contract" pilots and paying through the nose for those services. Anyone who thinks that USA Jet is doing a wonderful thing by cutting pay and not laying off is delusional. They are hoping that it will get busy this summer and they want to make sure they are appropriately staffed. Once business drops off again you can be sure lay offs are coming. They should never have hired these last two classes!!! Things have been very slow for over a year, but they just keep hiring!!!

I can't say enough about what rotten people are running USA Jet. All I can say is that I sure as hell am glad I got out of there when I did. It is obvious that the pilots are turning into mental patients. Read a few of clansinclair's posts to see what I mean. When I worked there I remember a few pilots who thought the Russians controlled the weather!! Who the hell wants that guy sitting next to you in the cockpit??

There is so much misinformation in your post it would take two or three pages to respond, so I am not even going to bother.

Is it one guys fault that the automotive business is slow and everyone cant keep working?

Please dont pull that "he promised to keep me working" thing...thats lame.

Want longeveity in aviation? Here's how I live:

Never fly for a company who makes thier money flying airplanes.

However anyone else feels about him, I'm not quite sure that PilotYip as Anti-Christ is gonna hunt, considering how much time he has spent answering beginner questions via phone and email for myself and at least two other people I know, who were essentially clueless about the progression from starry-eyed PPL to Turbine Freight Dog. He was absolutely patient and generous with his time.

Doesn't quite add up, does it?

Did he kick your dog, or something?

Minh

Wow, G-200 nails it again. Here is how Yoda would say it:

"For makes company
who flying airplanes their money,
fly never mmmmmm...."

OR, the Swedish Chef:

"Never fly for e-a compeny vho-a mekes zeeer money flyeeng eeerplenes. bork!bork!bork!"

For our stuttering friends:

"Never fly for a commmmmmm m mm mm m mpany who mmmmmmm m mm mm m makes thier mmmmmmm m mm mm m money flyingg... airplanes."

Gulfstream 200 said:
Never fly for a company who makes thier money flying airplanes.

I think very few of us fly for companies that make money flying airplanes...now comapnies that lose money flying airplanes, well that's a different matter...

Not blaming one person for the whole company, just saying that he is maybe a symptom of bigger problems. People want to attack the pilots who are feeling upset that they have lost 25%!! of their pay instead of lay offs and I am trying to explain where other people are coming from. And really, pilotyip isn't far off from retirement, and no one in management is giving any concessions, it really might save the company some money.

I will say this for pilotyip, he loves USAJet, which is why he only ever points out the positive about the company. If he sees any inaccuracies on the company, he will respond, however, if someone posts something scathing, but true, not a word. I don't doubt for a second that he would be patient and friendly to a prospective employee. If I made him sound like an intimidating ogre, that was not my intent. He is far from it, very congenial guy, which makes it all the harder when the friendliest guy, your ally almost, tells you you're next for call backs and the call never comes. I'm just saying for once someone there should be honest and tell people, you aren't getting a call, move on with your life and stop wasting your time.

I really wish USAJet could stop this constant cycle. It doesn't just hurt the pilots, it hurts their families too. It really isn't about the automotive industry, it's the hiring, and the way the company wastes money and doesn't look into any new ventures. To be totally dependent on the fickle automotive industry is really not the best plan.

...wow...I DO have a college degree, NO helicopter time, WAS home for my sons first birthday and DID get called back in seniority...and Randy actually paid for the beers at the " Wedge "...I serious buttkisser I must be...pretty creepy

Happy Hour, your name says it all.

Too much credit

I don't understand a helo guy, if rotor's info is correct, ranting about hiring helo guys? We hire helo pilots because we have never had a training failure with a military pilot. We like 121 guys, P-3 guys, and C-12 guys, again because they all successfully complete training. Plus this guy gives me way too much credit, I am a messenger, I do not make hiring, lay off or call back decisions. I present evidence whenever I can that a bad decision is about to be or has been made, and what should be done to correct it. I execute orders given to me, but I do it with a sense of duty that it is not my role to pass the buck, but stand up and deliver news. Many times it is news I do not agree with, but it is not my role to decide what I will and will not deliver. Just a passing thought, if you did work for USA Jet and displayed the attitude demonstrated in the beginning of this thread, you could understand an employer probably not wanting you back on the payroll.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back