I have a financial plan for USA Jet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To All Who "Bag" on pilotyip, etc.,

Look guys, I have NEVER kissed up to management ever! Likewise, I've NEVER received ANY special treatment at JUS. In Fact, I got passed over for an instructor position here. Instead, they gave it to a lesser qualified, less experienced, and negative work history (here and elsewhere) junior pilot! In fact, I'm pretty sure it was due to the lack of "kissing up" on my part. To top it off, pilotyip was involved in the decision!

Nevertheless, I defended pilotyip against yours' and others ' remarks simply because he didn't and doesn't deserve them. It's just that simple. A made up mind is a hard thing to change, and I realize you'll believe what you've decided to. So be it.

Regardless of all the negative issues that happen at JUS, it's still by far the best job I've ever had in aviation or otherwise. I came to JUS hoping it would be the last job I ever had to look for, but now I'm back "in the hunt" again. Not because I really want to leave there, but because it's the prudent thing to do in case things don't get better, the paycuts are protracted too long, or the company goes under, whatever. If I have to move on to a job that is at least as good or better, I will still be grateful for the opportunity that JUS gave me when I really needed a job. Who knows what the future holds for JUS. So far events have baffled everyone there, management and all the others included.

I don't blame the management for doing their best to keep the company viable and in the best position to respond to the eventualities of the industry. That's their job! I just don't understand why all you "geniuses" out there, who think they know so much about running an airline, don't own your own airline or not running one for someone else! I mean with all your talent, expertise, and acumen, one would think you'd be able to do that. Yet you don't. Ever wonder why? Perhaps you're not as smucking fart as you think you are! Ever thought of that?

clansinclair said:
To All Who "Bag" on pilotyip, etc.,

Look guys, I have NEVER kissed up to management ever! Likewise, I've NEVER received ANY special treatment at JUS. In Fact, I got passed over for an instructor position here. Instead, they gave it to a lesser qualified, less experienced, and negative work history (here and elsewhere) junior pilot! In fact, I'm pretty sure it was due to the lack of "kissing up" on my part. To top it off, pilotyip was involved in the decision!

Nevertheless, I defended pilotyip against yours' and others ' remarks simply because he didn't and doesn't deserve them. It's just that simple. A made up mind is a hard thing to change, and I realize you'll believe what you've decided to. So be it.

Regardless of all the negative issues that happen at JUS, it's still by far the best job I've ever had in aviation or otherwise. I came to JUS hoping it would be the last job I ever had to look for, but now I'm back "in the hunt" again. Not because I really want to leave there, but because it's the prudent thing to do in case things don't get better, the paycuts are protracted too long, or the company goes under, whatever. If I have to move on to a job that is at least as good or better, I will still be grateful for the opportunity that JUS gave me when I really needed a job. Who knows what the future holds for JUS. So far events have baffled everyone there, management and all the others included.

I don't blame the management for doing their best to keep the company viable and in the best position to respond to the eventualities of the industry. That's their job! I just don't understand why all you "geniuses" out there, who think they know so much about running an airline, don't own your own airline or not running one for someone else! I mean with all your talent, expertise, and acumen, one would think you'd be able to do that. Yet you don't. Ever wonder why? Perhaps you're not as smucking fart as you think you are! Ever thought of that?

And now for you, I was wonderin when you were gonna pipe up

You are clearly a piece of work.

Does the FAA still issue you a medical? Cause most of your posts are borderline pscho. You must be a dream to fly with. What year did you get layed off from the line @ GM?

Hey Don. You can stop sticking up for Randy. he can defend himself. I do not agree with what U.S.A. jet has done by cutting pay. They should have stayed consistint buy furloughing like they have done in the past. Maybe company should do what they said last year change management to get a new fresh outlook for the company. and yes company is still very inconsistint. Will it ever change or is the company still going to be a revolving door for pilots. Yes Randy & clansinclair you know who this is. How many Iraqi pilot do you know.

WillowRunVortex,

Again, another "weak" debater. One who resorts to ad hominin rather than argue the merits of their position. The first sign of a "weak" position.

Quite frankly son, I am a good guy to fly with. Not perfect by any means, but those who have flown with me don't seem to have any complaints. You wouldn't know any better though because you have no clue who I am or what kind of person I am.

Doubtful as I am as to your capacity to make any kind of psychological assessment (i.e. lack of formal preparation, no State License, etc.), one would think you would be better served to rebut my position and statement. Perhaps I have been a bit too agressive in my former comments, but nonetheless, those who really know me know that that's just my personality/style, nothing to take offense to. Kind of like the Mohammed Ali "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" or "Louisville Lip". Know what I mean, Verne?

Now how about you drop the personal inuendos, and deal with what I said?

Iraqipilot,

Yes I know who you are. A very good friend too! Finally, someone with a very valid point! I couldn't agree with you more! Your suggestion of changing out the management for a fresh look and start has some merit! I also, agree with the furlough idea and remaining consistent.

Now for the benefit of WillowRunVortex, you've flown with me. Am I "psycho", incompetent, or any of the other things these guys have been labelling me?

clansinclair said:
WillowRunVortex,

Again, another "weak" debater. One who resorts to ad hominin rather than argue the merits of their position. The first sign of a "weak" position.

Quite frankly son, I am a good guy to fly with. Not perfect by any means, but those who have flown with me don't seem to have any complaints. You wouldn't know any better though because you have no clue who I am or what kind of person I am.

Doubtful as I am as to your capacity to make any kind of psychological assessment (i.e. lack of formal preparation, no State License, etc.), one would think you would be better served to rebut my position and statement. Perhaps I have been a bit too agressive in my former comments, but nonetheless, those who really know me know that that's just my personality/style, nothing to take offense to. Kind of like the Mohammed Ali "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" or "Louisville Lip". Know what I mean, Verne?

Now how about you drop the personal inuendos, and deal with what I said?

I will tell you what I told your mentor pilotyip,

Willow is a place for a new pilot to come and "trade a bag of luck for a bag of skill". THEN LEAVE! I have watched all these threads about how great JUS is and its a REAL airline with "deep pockets". You can put lipstick on a pig,,,but at the enda da day boys,,,,,,,,,,YOU GOT A PIG!!!! I have watched for years (since B. Phelps) sold Active Aero how USA jet was "somthing different" well it doesnt seem so now and unfortunately you guys cant sell the fancy paint back and get your money back can ya?

How bout the fancy name tags?

WillowRunVortex,

How refreshing! Now you're talking intelligently! Know what? I can't argue with you there! You just might be right! Only time will tell. For many reasons, I don't want to believe it, but you make a good point. Perhaps the latest events, in a long string of events, is an indication of just "lipstick on a pig!" LOL! I kinda like that analogy.

No offense brother, but I really hope you're wrong. As I said before, I'm back job hunting again, just in case. Not by choice, but by necessity. Hopefully, things will turn around quickly enough to prevent the necessity of my leaving JUS. I can't just sit and take more of the same if there's an equal or better opportunity elsewhere.

Honestly though, can you really blame me for "sticking up" for the company that, so far, has done the best for me and my family than any other company has?

MB you did not read the post, it was for 32 pax pilots, not 32 DC-9 it includes more for the DA-20 pax ops. It is in your mail box and on the company e-mail.

Hi!

USA Jet did "Fire" pilots. This is BECAUSE there is no union. At companies without a union, there is no employment contract, so there are no recall rights, so, technically, everyone gets fired and then rehired (if the co. wants to re-hire them).

If you want a furlough and the right to be re-hired in seniority order, you need a union and a contract. I was at TSA, which has ALPA and a contract, and ALL the new J41 pilots were forced to resign! They were NOT furloughed. A year later, after the grievance was settled, they did re-hire in seniority order.

Cliff
GRB

PS-The Russians DON'T control the weather??? Since when???!!!???

Latest resources

Back