• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Punk.

Yeah, youre right

Personally, I hate wearing long pants.

I'm refusing to wear them to work any more.

If I can get enough people to do this with me I believe management will buckle under and allow my Bermuda shorts fetish to run rampant throughout the company.

I also don't like dark shoes.

Only orange hi tops for me.

Let me state it differently. There's a reason that you work at one of the worst companies in the industry.

There is a right and wrong way to effect change. And there's stupidity and insolent employees who are soon found and routed out.

Who gives a crap about hats?

Minor point. Meaningless. Yet it really seems to piss you off. Think the other pilots will risk their jobs to campaign against hats???

Good luck with the hat thing. Nice judgment.

I hate paying good money for airline tickets.

The pilots look like slobs. Some wear hats, some don't, some just carry them. Loose ties, black sneakers with velco flaps, shirts that look like they have been worn for three days, chewed up hotel pens, faded cotton docker pants, Eddie Bauer thermal tech vests....

If these slobs dress like this I wonder how much they really care about safety.

How can I respect these clowns if they don't respect themselves.

Oh well, I'm probably the only one that thinks like this, but it is my money.....

I think I'll rent a car and take a nice road trip....

funny i bet you all of you who want to wear hats to work are the same ones who stand around in the terminal and crew rooms telling everyone how good of a pilot you. but wait that is the Mesa people usually, the same group of losers that would not stand up to j.o. for a industry level contract so why would they stand up for anything else.

Tuff Guy

!
how the heck does wearing a hat change how the public looks at you. the reason all you fools like to wear your hat is so everyone wont mistake you for a F/A....... Maybe all you got a job as a pilot to wear a hat and look "so cool" but I work for an airline because i like to fly however it is not my life. Unlike many pilots who spend days off doing more flying things besides this message board I do not even think about aviation at all. There are no airplane pictures or models in my cardboard box on the corner. Sadly I have found out that this industry is full of complete dorks that think they are the main gunners. Hat or no hat it does not change one thing all that matters is your ability to fly an airplane safely.

Hey TuffGuy, I know you don't think it's cool admitting that you enjoy flying because in your mind you're a tuff guy! Really it makes you look like a moron who got into a profession he doesn't even respect. Even stupider when you consider how little we all get paid. These days aviation doesn't pay enough for people to get into it for the money. Therefore, if you got into flying, you must enjoy it and think it's pretty cool. Why try to hide it. People who you consider "dorks" because they like their job and would be flying as a hobby even if it weren't their career, and alright in my book. I'd rather be stuck in a cockpit with someone like that than someone who spends the whole time pretending not to like aviation because he doesn't think that's cool. P.S. Wear your hat like an adult and stop your whining!

starvingcfi at least I can look in the mirror every morning cause i fly for what once was a good airline until we where forced to merge.

OneTuffGuy said:
funny i bet you all of you who want to wear hats to work are the same ones who stand around in the terminal and crew rooms telling everyone how good of a pilot you.

Dude I don't need no stinking hat to tell everyone how good of a pilot I am. In fact I was just telling everybody at the gym that I was the worlds greatest pilot. In fact I'll be a gentleman and let all who read this board to forget about being the worlds greatest pilot, because I already hold that title. See I just did that without a hat on. Grow up, wear the stupid hat, and quit whining about things you can't change...........

Latest resources

Back