I hate wearing my hat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OneTuffGuy

I hate wearing my pilot hat and i refuse to wear it to work anymore. If more people would jump on this band wagon we all could have the choice. Some people where born to wear that silly pilot hat and on others it looks stupid. Most people I talk to about this agree that hats should be optional. The only people who like to wear it are those we think they are cool walking through the terminal with it on or the total aviation geeks. What do all of you think? I know jet blue does not wear hats and i have noticed more and more people not wearing them lately.

Last edited:
OneTuffGuy said:
I hate wearing my pilot hat and i refuse to wear it to work anymore. If more people would jump on this band wagon we all could have the choice. Some people where born to wear that silly pilot hat and on others it looks stupid. Most people I talk to about this agree that hates should be optional. The only people who like to wear it are those we think they are cool walking through the terminal with it on or the total aviation geeks. What do all of you think? I know jet blue does not wear hats and i have noticed more and more people not wearing them lately.

I know a degree in English is optional, but an education, in general shouldn't be optional.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Yes, hates should be optional. One should be allowed to hate anyone else if that is what they so desire.

I was going to say that you'd look like a Mesa guy. Windbreaker, no hat, black Nikes. Then I see that you ARE a Mesa guy and that most of the people you talk to are Mesa guys.

The thing is self evident.

S.

Hat

Don't start this crap again, please. If you don't want to look professional, act responsibly by following company procedures, and refuse to wear your hat, Get another F*****g job!
I spent too many years proudly wearing a hat and uniform to watch you little piss ants whine about wearing them. Grow up and do your job and quit complaining about yout hat.

Too Bad! Wear the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hat! Who the F cares.....its part of the uniform and part of the tradition of being an airline pilot! It makes you look professional, even if you are not. And we know, perception is reality to the paying customers.

Shouldnt you people be flaming away on Ben Franklin's Mesa rant? Dont forget that Mesa left a map of Hawaii on Franklin's wife.
Now can somebody name a few hat vendors so I can look into getting a smaller one?

Just do the job...

If your Flight Ops manual says wear the hat, wear the hat. If you don't like it, try to change the manual.

If you don't want to wear the hat, have the 'nads to go to your Chief Pilot and state "I refuse to wear it" ... see how far that will get you. (It's easy to make strong statements here on the web).

You are hired to do a job as required by the Company. Just do the job ... leave the attitude at home.

OneTuffGuy said:
I hate wearing my pilot hat and i refuse to wear it to work anymore. If more people would jump on this band wagon we all could have the choice. Some people where born to wear that silly pilot hat and on others it looks stupid. Most people I talk to about this agree that hates should be optional. The only people who like to wear it are those we think they are cool walking through the terminal with it on or the total aviation geeks. What do all of you think? I know jet blue does not wear hats and i have noticed more and more people not wearing them lately.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

how the heck does wearing a hat change how the public looks at you. the reason all you fools like to wear your hat is so everyone wont mistake you for a F/A....... Maybe all you got a job as a pilot to wear a hat and look "so cool" but I work for an airline because i like to fly however it is not my life. Unlike many pilots who spend days off doing more flying things besides this message board I do not even think about aviation at all. There are no airplane pictures or models in my cardboard box on the corner. Sadly I have found out that this industry is full of complete dorks that think they are the main gunners. Hat or no hat it does not change one thing all that matters is your ability to fly an airplane safely.

ben franklin you can kiss my hair white butt for making a few typos...... sorry i am not perfect like you.

Latest resources

Back