• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I hate to start rummors but...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dunno. Last time I was there was in '96.

Just wanted to see who else knew what I was talking about--though your name shows advanced research in the field.

So does the guy above you!

I hate to do this also but heard XJ union has been talking on the side with NWA Mec for a possible J4J deal for these 100 seaters if it should ever come to that.

I know a few people at Mesaba & also read in the paper that there are a lot of cities that are losing service from the DC9 and are going to be getting CRJ service. Not sure where the -9's are going to be put... probably the bone yard.

Thedude said:
Lemme see...no lease payments on the 9's...Just fuel....heard they dont care till Jet A contract price reaches $3 a gallon. That looks a way's off to me.

So what are the fuel prices now? I asked a fueler the other day in Flint, MI and he said the rate was $4.20 a gallon on the ramp. $3.00 contract rates can't be too far behind that!

yeh

248to2.8 said:
So what are the fuel prices now? I asked a fueler the other day in Flint, MI and he said the rate was $4.20 a gallon on the ramp. $3.00 contract rates can't be too far behind that!

Just think how much you are costing us in outstation fuel because you cant calculate pounds to gallons. I seen your style, you either got fuel pouring out of every orifice or you are taking off with the fuel lights. You prove my point by knowing the fuel price in FNT. I think you can fly to FNT on a gallon of gas it is so close. :)

GP

I heard that they are gona replace the 9s with deltas 737-200s

greenpickle said:

Just think how much you are costing us in outstation fuel because you cant calculate pounds to gallons. I seen your style, you either got fuel pouring out of every orifice or you are taking off with the fuel lights. You prove my point by knowing the fuel price in FNT. I think you can fly to FNT on a gallon of gas it is so close. :)

GP

thats so true about me...

I don't ask the price of fuel anymore. Sticker shock scared me and cost me a perfectly good pair of underwear.

jws717 said:
I heard that they are gona replace the 9s with deltas 737-200s

The 737-200s have autothrottles and can do autolands. Not bad for old technology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
The 737-200s have autothrottles and can do autolands. Not bad for old technology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Seriously? If so...impressive. I know my buddy over at United didn't have those things in his -200

248to2.8 said:

Last I heard from one of the rampers...NWA contract price was either $.79 or $.97 a gallon. I think by now the price would have crested $1 a gallon. When you buy as much gas as NWA & Co does you get massive discounts for fuel.
Even most 135 companies have some sort of fueling discount, with all the programs the major fuel vendors offer. Such as "Phillips 66 in-to-plane contractors' and it is all based on how much fuel you buy from them. Very few operators actually pay the posted price for Jet A

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back