• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

I hate to start rummors but...

HulkHogan

Total Time
I know I know, I heard this from a guy who knows a guy. Looks like the long term NWA plan for the DC9 is to go with the Bombardier C series jet due out in just a few years. I dont have any idea who will fly these things, lets hope NWA, but it could be good news for the current DC9 guys. At least it will be a few years before this new airplane is even out so that will give the current guys time to move to different equipment if they would like. Anybody else confirm this......

Hulk

Total Time
Can someone confirm that someone's closey-held, top secret plan is to do something at sometime in the future involving a plane that does not yet exist?

Well, as a Florida Mason who slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night I can certainly say....

Oh wait. The hotel was in Chula Vista and I promised not to reveal any of what went on in the secret meeting the night before at the Bambi Club....

...let me just say three words: Steenland, tranny, taqueria. There, I'm done.

Rough67

5 t's
Total Time
i am pretty sure that they have looked at the a318 and the 717, which did not meet what they are looking for. Something about weight/range maybe? not sure. but that would not leave much else with around 110 -120 seats (like the C series)i guess..

(regional forum?) :cool:

Last edited:

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
I hate to start rummors but...You hate to spell rumors, but

front9

Titanium Member
Total Time
Good to see the seplling polece are owt in full force.

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Total Time
The C-series isn't supposed to fly until 2012. The project just got the go-ahead from Bombardier.

I hope NW can foot the fuel bill for those Nines until then! Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me.

Oh yeah, it's a rumor....

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
Lemme see...no lease payments on the 9's...Just fuel....heard they dont care till Jet A contract price reaches $3 a gallon. That looks a way's off to me.

skid

Total Time
>6000
It would of made a whole lot more sense to have purchases the 717's when they were available. To bad they did not like the engines they had.

DirkkDiggler

Total Time
biznes
People who say, "I hate to do this," and then go right ahead and do it are idiots. You don't hate to do it or you wouldn't have done it jack@ss.

xrated

Jeezz, What have I Done?
Total Time
Huh?
Inconceivable said:
Oh wait. The hotel was in Chula Vista and I promised not to reveal any of what went on in the secret meeting the night before at the Bambi Club....

You don't mean the Bambi Club in T.J. do you? Is that place still in buisiness?

Total Time
Dunno. Last time I was there was in '96.

Just wanted to see who else knew what I was talking about--though your name shows advanced research in the field.

So does the guy above you!

Jimdandy

Total Time
6000+
I hate to do this also but heard XJ union has been talking on the side with NWA Mec for a possible J4J deal for these 100 seaters if it should ever come to that.

Steveair

Total Time
I know a few people at Mesaba & also read in the paper that there are a lot of cities that are losing service from the DC9 and are going to be getting CRJ service. Not sure where the -9's are going to be put... probably the bone yard.

248to2.8

Total Time
Thedude said:
Lemme see...no lease payments on the 9's...Just fuel....heard they dont care till Jet A contract price reaches $3 a gallon. That looks a way's off to me.

So what are the fuel prices now? I asked a fueler the other day in Flint, MI and he said the rate was $4.20 a gallon on the ramp. $3.00 contract rates can't be too far behind that!

greenpickle

Junior Mint Member
Total Time
yeh

248to2.8 said:
So what are the fuel prices now? I asked a fueler the other day in Flint, MI and he said the rate was $4.20 a gallon on the ramp. $3.00 contract rates can't be too far behind that!

Just think how much you are costing us in outstation fuel because you cant calculate pounds to gallons. I seen your style, you either got fuel pouring out of every orifice or you are taking off with the fuel lights. You prove my point by knowing the fuel price in FNT. I think you can fly to FNT on a gallon of gas it is so close. :)

GP

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
I heard that they are gona replace the 9s with deltas 737-200s

248to2.8

Total Time
greenpickle said:

Just think how much you are costing us in outstation fuel because you cant calculate pounds to gallons. I seen your style, you either got fuel pouring out of every orifice or you are taking off with the fuel lights. You prove my point by knowing the fuel price in FNT. I think you can fly to FNT on a gallon of gas it is so close. :)

GP

thats so true about me...

I don't ask the price of fuel anymore. Sticker shock scared me and cost me a perfectly good pair of underwear.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
jws717 said:
I heard that they are gona replace the 9s with deltas 737-200s

The 737-200s have autothrottles and can do autolands. Not bad for old technology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ace McCoy

Total Time
9000+
General Lee said:
The 737-200s have autothrottles and can do autolands. Not bad for old technology.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Seriously? If so...impressive. I know my buddy over at United didn't have those things in his -200

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
248to2.8 said:

Last I heard from one of the rampers...NWA contract price was either $.79 or $.97 a gallon. I think by now the price would have crested $1 a gallon. When you buy as much gas as NWA & Co does you get massive discounts for fuel.
Even most 135 companies have some sort of fueling discount, with all the programs the major fuel vendors offer. Such as "Phillips 66 in-to-plane contractors' and it is all based on how much fuel you buy from them. Very few operators actually pay the posted price for Jet A

Last edited: