• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I hate to start rummors but...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...let me just say three words: Steenland, tranny, taqueria. There, I'm done.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Mike Traad - Is it?

What are you guys talking about? NWA pilots are the ones that are going to cut the DC-9 flying. When the company goes to them and threatens their pensions, their going to offer their grandmothers up in exchange. When NWA says that the DC-9 flying is more important to shed than their grandmothers, they will be gone. NWA isn't going to allow those things to stick around much longer. When you add up the cost of fuel, flight crew, FA's and mechanics those things aren't as cheap as the regionals. Be prepared because it's no longer an issue of "IF" JFJ lands on Mesaba's property, but when. Mesaba's MEC would be crazy to entertain any agreement that would put outside pilots anywhere other than on the bottom of their seniority list. With up to 1000 NWA pilots on the street, your flow up or whatever you call it would take 7-8 years before it reached current XJ pilots. That's all based on a continuous hiring and no down turns in the economy. Factor in a hickup and your screwed if you accept any kind of agreement with the NWA MEC. JFJ will be the beginning of the end for ALPA at the regional level. I predict that if any super-seniority deal ever reaches XJ's property, ALPA will be it's first casualty.

Latest resources

Back