I hate to start rummors but...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HulkHogan

I know I know, I heard this from a guy who knows a guy. Looks like the long term NWA plan for the DC9 is to go with the Bombardier C series jet due out in just a few years. I dont have any idea who will fly these things, lets hope NWA, but it could be good news for the current DC9 guys. At least it will be a few years before this new airplane is even out so that will give the current guys time to move to different equipment if they would like. Anybody else confirm this......

Hulk

Can someone confirm that someone's closey-held, top secret plan is to do something at sometime in the future involving a plane that does not yet exist?

Well, as a Florida Mason who slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night I can certainly say....

Oh wait. The hotel was in Chula Vista and I promised not to reveal any of what went on in the secret meeting the night before at the Bambi Club....

...let me just say three words: Steenland, tranny, taqueria. There, I'm done.

i am pretty sure that they have looked at the a318 and the 717, which did not meet what they are looking for. Something about weight/range maybe? not sure. but that would not leave much else with around 110 -120 seats (like the C series)i guess..

(regional forum?) :cool:

Last edited:
I hate to start rummors but...You hate to spell rumors, but

Good to see the seplling polece are owt in full force.

The C-series isn't supposed to fly until 2012. The project just got the go-ahead from Bombardier.

I hope NW can foot the fuel bill for those Nines until then! Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me.

Oh yeah, it's a rumor....

Lemme see...no lease payments on the 9's...Just fuel....heard they dont care till Jet A contract price reaches $3 a gallon. That looks a way's off to me.

It would of made a whole lot more sense to have purchases the 717's when they were available. To bad they did not like the engines they had.

People who say, "I hate to do this," and then go right ahead and do it are idiots. You don't hate to do it or you wouldn't have done it jack@ss.

Inconceivable said:
Oh wait. The hotel was in Chula Vista and I promised not to reveal any of what went on in the secret meeting the night before at the Bambi Club....

You don't mean the Bambi Club in T.J. do you? Is that place still in buisiness?

Latest resources

Back