Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its simple... its between smartpref and flightline. We have flightline.. we like flightline.. we know all the ins and outs of the system in regards to our work rules, scheduling. other airlines use flightline... even others wish they had our system. Knowing that management will do everything they can to take advantage of a new system...your answer is to introduce an entirely new system that has no customers, no experience, no real work examples of pros and cons. By that logic alone i question everything you have presented.

Then why hasn't your MEC communicated such? Why is that? Why the complete silence? Until they do communicate something, it's all here say.

Then why hasn't your MEC communicated such? Why is that? Why the complete silence? Until they do communicate something, it's all here say.

It seems to me that the ASA pilots aren't the ones clamoring for information. They seem pretty happy with the actions of their MEC. You're the one complaining. Why should the ASA MEC communicate something just because you want them to?

It seems to me that the ASA pilots aren't the ones clamoring for information. They seem pretty happy with the actions of their MEC. You're the one complaining. Why should the ASA MEC communicate something just because you want them to?
It's all smoke and mirrors and obfuscation with Nevets, but just look at his motivation to understand what he says. Voting for our PBS system means an almost immediate transition. Voting for some new system that has never been tried before means "1-2 YEARS" of experimentation, during which he still gets to use his favored line bidding system. So he makes up all kinds of reasons why we should be upset with our MEC, so that we'll all consider the new system over the known system. But I think most people see through this.

Actually, it would be an immediate concession.

At least get the facts right if you're gonna flame him.

I agree with you, that it would be an immediate concession. But you should be willing to fight the concession, if you think that's the right move (which I think is the wrong move in today's airline environment--but that's a whole 'nother debate). What you are trying to do, accepting the concession but then trying to throw a wrench into things so it doesn't get implemented right away, is foolish and short-sighted.

The more I think about it, your side's accidental admission that you expect the new system to take 1-2 years to implement, explains everything. Everyone knows the company would never agree to a 1-2 year implementation timeframe, so how would you get there? The only way would be to sabotage the process, and what better way than to hire a company without a working system, without any support, basically just some guy with a laptop working out of his basement. The more it doesn't work, the better for you guys, so you don't have to accept the "immediate concession." THAT'S why you have no interest in listening to PrefBid's shortcomings--because you see them as advantages!

I agree with you, that it would be an immediate concession. But you should be willing to fight the concession, if you think that's the right move (which I think is the wrong move in today's airline environment--but that's a whole 'nother debate)........

Sorry, but when a CRJ pilt says that fighting a concession is the wrong move I kind of have to stop reading their post. As well as stop taking them seriously.

Don't take it personal.

If there was a similar analysis about SmartPref I'd be curious to see it. It is entirely possible that it was posted elsewhere and I've since forgotten.

Our scheduling chair has posted his contact information, if you email him he'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

But bear in mind, the research/analysis is based on how it conforms to the ERJ CBA.

Geezus almighty....it's hearsay. Do you Xjet guys ever read a book or remember a single English class.

Sorry, I misspelled it and autocorrect changed my misspelling to here say.

Of course! Because they don't know what they don't know. Why should an AirTran pilot care what I want? At least there is a correlation between the CRJ MEC and the ERJ pilots. Also, keep in mind that I'm speaking to the silent majority, not just the 4 or 5 that post.

It's all smoke and mirrors and obfuscation with Nevets, but just look at his motivation to understand what he says. Voting for our PBS system means an almost immediate transition. Voting for some new system that has never been tried before means "1-2 YEARS" of experimentation, during which he still gets to use his favored line bidding system. So he makes up all kinds of reasons why we should be upset with our MEC, so that we'll all consider the new system over the known system. But I think most people see through this.

Honestly, this is not what I'm trying to do. We are getting smartpref for relief line and reserves either way. That's where it is being tested, live and for many months until or if we get a new jcba. My ONLY point is that your MEC is treating you guys like mushrooms. You can't make an informed decision with information. If I wanted to keep our line bidding system, there is a much easier way of trying to do that. And it doesn't involve any CRJ pilot.

Just ask yourselves, why is your MEC silent on this? They haven't even said they are against smartpref. Do you know why?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back